b0 error on Kallaway instal...

Jayson44

9 posts in this topic

sorry if you guys are tired of these questions, but after trying to fish through 115+ pages of comments, I'm still stuck.

I've installed Kallaway on my pc and it loads everything just fine. in fact, it runs off the DVD real nice and fast. but when I go to reboot, I get a b0 error. I've tried all the "patching" things in terminal to no avail. when I'm in leopard's disc utility, it shows the partition, but does not show that it is an active boot point. also, if I try to choose my startup disc, the partition doesn't show up, only the cd. this is being installed on a fully capable PC with a blank drive, no dual boot. any suggestions? I've tried so much stuff, I can't really remember what all I've been through. I've also tried brazil and atkios, yada yada...tired of DLing other versions.

someone out there has to have found a difinitive answer to this, right?

J.

PC Specs::

celeron 430

ecs 945gct-m motherboard

160gig sata hd

other stuff that all is compatable...

try this

1 - Boot with the DVD.
2 - Press F8, then type "-s"
3- type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"
4 - type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)
5 - type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1
6 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

try this

1 - Boot with the DVD.
2 - Press F8, then type "-s"
3- type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"
4 - type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)
5 - type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1
6 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

good method but on line #6 it should be

./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot.efi

if your on kalyways

I had the same "B0" problem and I resolved it by creating two partitions on my laptop HD. Apparently if I only install Leopard on 1 partition, it always has issues booting from hard drive. I always had to boot from Leopard DVD.

With Kalyway version I got the B0 message and with iATKOS I got a blinking cursor.

But since I created two partitions during installation, I no longer have a problem booting from a hard drive. I am not quite sure what the reason is. Anyways, Leo works great for now ... just trying to enable ethernet. Surprisingly sound started working by itself when I installed update to 10.5.2. :thumbsup_anim: