OS X 10.0 + NTFS-drive = READ/WRITE-problems

oets

5 posts in this topic

Ooooook, so this is the case. I'm useing a SEAGATE 500gb harddrive for backups for both  a windows computer and a mac..and are ofcourse running NTFS. At the time this drive where formatted I did'nt have a clue regarding the read/write issue on MAC..but I do now<:

I've search'd all around the web for a solution and came across alot...buuuut, finding macfuse that works with osx10.0 hasnt been easy. and neither have NTFS-3g been behaving nicely against me as I pretty much have no skillz in MAC what so ever(since it isn't mine) And thats where you guys come in hopefully..

Can anyone of you help me and explaining in detail how the hell i can write and read to this harddrive?! K thanks:)

I've got a partition which I use to back my stuff up from both operating systems.

My partition is formatted as HFS+ and I use MacDrive from windows to be able to read and write to it. That might be the solution.

Btw I use MacDrive in XP, not sure about Vista as I think it needs the latest version which you may or may not be able to :D