9.2.0 Kernel Problem

TrYp MyNe

10 posts in this topic

Well, i installed the 9.2 kernel for Zephyroth's AMD 10.5.2 and it booted, but still slow boot and the os was sluggish because kernel_task used half of my processor (dual core) leaving me with no room to run multiple apps at once. so i rebooted with the backup 9.1 and alas it works way better. 9.2 wouldn't even reboot or anything, so im just gonna stick with 9.1 for now. thnx to all who helped me get the install working, and happy hackintoshing!!!!

thats what im hoping for :( untill then though, im on 9.1. i get great speeds and the only broken thing is sleep. so yea, i guess you could say that i have a near-perfect install

well honestly, idk if thats the one i tried or not. i did the one with the Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD EFI install disk, i opened the package and installed it. does that kernel u posted work on AMD systems "well"???

ok good news bad news

good news, i just copied 2 more kernels, giving me 4 from which to boot. i just tried the 9.2 speedstep kernel and it booted like the old one, slow, but no cpu overheating, or no kernel_task 100%!!!! wooo

bad news, is the boot problem, it will boot so slow, i think its due to the network card. somebody on a forum said that might be what it is (not here).

but yea i have 9.2 up and running now so yay :)

yup. just to mess around im gonna boot my mach_kernel92 and see wat happens. its the non-speedstepped, sleep kernel. i wonder if it will work??? be back in a minute, or ......7 XDyea, my computer definentally doesn't work with non-speedstep kernels. it will boot, but the kernel_task uses 100% cpu, thats 1 out of 2 cores!!!!! idk y it does that, but im sticking to the non-sleep kernel for now just so i can actually use my pc lol.

well, considering when i switch kernels i get alot of network card problems, i don't remember the exact error message, but it is shown repediatelly. when i boot with the speedstep, it shows no network problems what soever. so it is kernel related. not to mention, i get a cs_**** message. random messages that have cs_ in them, with either kernel. they both work reguardless, but the speedstep has better control over my cpu, and runs way less cpu usage than the sleep kernel. and the sleep kernel doesn't work for me anyways. so im sticking with speedstep for now