Installation problems with kalyway 10.5.1 and ASrock motherboard

ronocker

26 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried to install the kalyway 10.5.1 at my new computer.

I have an ASrock 4Core1333-eSata2 , Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Gainward Geforce 8600 with 1GB, and 2GB ram.

The problem is, that he always restarts at the moment, when he normally should show the apple logo.

I also tried the installation with the instructions of the os86wiki (ASrock -> Conroe 1333) but there was no difference.

Do you have any ideas?

Hello,

I tried to install the kalyway 10.5.1 at my new computer.

I have an ASrock 4Core1333-eSata2 , Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Gainward Geforce 8600 with 1GB, and 2GB ram.

The problem is, that he always restarts at the moment, when he normally should show the apple logo.

I also tried the installation with the instructions of the os86wiki (ASrock -> Conroe 1333) but there was no difference.

Do you have any ideas?

Not sure about the 4Core1333, but I had the same sort of problem with my Conroe1333, I had to downgrade the bios to get it to go into the installer, then once installed I had to boot it with the -s -x cpus=1 to avert that bootloop. Once in, I installed the 10.5.2 update and that seem to get rid of the bootlooping problem for me...

hope that helps!

hi, i've got a similar problem(with a conroe 1333-1394, e2160, geforce 7600gt, 2gb ram). i just managed installing kalyway (using cpus=1), but if i reboot, it hangs at the grey screen with the apple logo. any suggestionss?

with -v it hangs at the line "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster io buffer headers"

is it possible that my disc isn't set active? (tried to boot gparted but it hangs with a black screen after setting the language - does it work with a sata dvd-drive?)

@ dancngbaredave which ide setting in the bios do you use? enhanced?

@ronocker: try just typing cpus=1 !

-s is the flag that boots into the console..

greets

@ronocker: try just typing cpus=1 !

-s is the flag that boots into the console..

greets vincent

Thank you, I'll try it!

with -v it hangs at the line "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster io buffer headers"

is it possible that my disc isn't set active? (tried to boot gparted but it hangs with a black screen after setting the language - does it work with a sata dvd-drive?)

I think if it isn't set active, you wouldn't see the apple logo.

Did you try to boot with cpus=1 ?

Thank you, I'll try it!

I think if it isn't set active, you wouldn't see the apple logo.

Did you try to boot with cpus=1 ?

yes without cpus=1 i run into the reboot trap. (even installin isnt possible without cpus=1)

edit: just tried installing kalyway without efi and without vanilla: using "rd=disk0s1 cpus=1" it boots! but this is not what i wanted :( (but a small step into the right direction..)

ok, I installed kalyway with vanilla and with mbr efi.

I also got the blinking cursor error and if I boot with the CD, I can see the apple logo :(

But thats it.. he doesn't finish...

ok. thats exactly the same problem i have. please try booting using -v

does it stuck at the line

"using XXXX buffer headers and XXXX cluster io buffer headers"?

i found this in another topic. will try it.

ok. thats exactly the same problem i have. please try booting using -v

does it stuck at the line

"using XXXX buffer headers and XXXX cluster io buffer headers"?

i found this in another topic. will try it.

Did you get any results?

yes without cpus=1 i run into the reboot trap. (even installin isnt possible without cpus=1)

edit: just tried installing kalyway without efi and without vanilla: using "rd=disk0s1 cpus=1" it boots! but this is not what i wanted :( (but a small step into the right direction..)

I found that I had to install Kalyway use PC_EFI_V73 instead of the Kalyway boot loaders, not sure if that's what did it for me in the end, but I had read somewhere that the Kalyway ones can cause problems... Here are my install notes:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry652768

I found that I had to install Kalyway use PC_EFI_V73 instead of the Kalyway boot loaders, not sure if that's what did it for me in the end, but I had read somewhere that the Kalyway ones can cause problems... Here are my install notes:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry652768

I just tried it.

But he stops at "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

decfs_make_note not ready for devices

Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

• 3 weeks later...
Did you get any results?

I'm sorry for answering that late!

Here my results:

I tried a lot but nothing with any success. So i stopped trying.

Today i made a last effort with the

leo4all image. first i had the same results as with kalyway. but then i gave the oldest bios (in my case 1.00) from asrock a chance and:

SUCCESS

didnt try kalyway again, but now everything (except audio) works! (without cpus=1 or anything like this.

I used the netkas kernel (vanilla ended up rebooting).

So obviously the bios was the key! Perhaps (if you havent managed your problems yet) you could give another bios version a try.

Good luck!

I tried leo4all (with -v -x cpus=1 ) and got these results:

localhost diskarbitrationd(44): unable to mount /dev/disk3s1 (status code 0x00000047)

localhost diskarbitrationd(44): unable to mount /dev/disk2s1 (status code 0x00000047)

localhost diskarbitrationd(44): unable to mount /dev/disk1s2 (status code 0x00000047)

localhost diskarbitrationd(44): unable to mount /dev/disk1s1 (status code 0x00000047)

could you please post your bios settings, maybe there is a mistake..

I downgraded Bios to 1.00.

I will try leo4all later, but did you change the bios after the installation or before?

And did you try to boot with with the vanilla kernel and cpus=1 ?

i downgraded the bios before i installed leo.

yes, with cpus=1 even vanilla kernel works!! (but i dont want to use cpus=1)

my bios settings are as default, but i also tried the settings stated in the hcl for leopard in the osx86 wiki (these are my settings at the moment: hpet=enabled, suspend to ram=auto, VCCM /VDDQ Voltage=high, Primary Graphics adapter=pci express, No execute Memory=disabled, speedstep=auto, ATA/IDE Config=Enhanced)

• 2 weeks later...

Enabling No-Execute Memory Protection (Advanced > CPU Configuration) in the BIOS was the last fix I needed for a Kalyway install on a Conroe 1333 DVI. Full up vanilla kernel install works fine, except for sound, and the generic Azalea driver fixed that.

There's also a kext set for GMA 950 out there (I've lost the link) that fixes the video artifacting. It turns off QE, though.

I have my Asrock Conroe 1333 working right out of the box with the Kalyway 10.5.1, here are my details

BIOS: 1.30

Do not select ACPIPlatform or the fix, if you select this it will continually reboot

Make sure you format your disk as GUID, you can do this in Disk Util and click on your main disk (not the partition) and go to the partition tab. hit the drop down and select 1 Partition or 2 or however many you want. and below the partition box you will see the button (forgot what its called) but from there you can select GUID.

What I selected in the Kalyway Installer

NVinject

Azalia Out

efi_GUID

and thats it.

After the install it should boot up with no problems..

Make sure your BIOS is 1.30.

• 2 months later...