Component Advice

3 posts in this topic

I have been reading through this forum and the HCL pages, but things are not terribly well organized so I thought I would ask for some advice here.

I am looking to build a couple hackintoshes to run Leopard 10.5.2 and am looking for the most compatible hardware available.

If anyone has a fully working system, patches are fine, but I would like to know which current mainboards have fully working features.

I plan to get the Inte Core2 E6750 processor, or something very close to it, along with RAM, and an nVidia PCI-X16 video card.

I assume that since the E6750 (and similar processors) are 64-bit I am no longer limited to 4gb RAM, anyone know of any issues running 8gb of RAM, for example?

Thanks for any advice and information anyone provides. :unsure:

-Eidola

I just placed a post above on an EXTREMELY cheap build. I chose this LONG before I ordered it and researched every component. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 and am getting ready to patch to 10.5.2. See my build on my post titled Cheapest install EVER. It may not be the cheapest but it has to be close. This SHOULD guide you to what to purchase. I patched NOTHING....everything worked upon install using Kalyway, just read my install notes...