Help With Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI

rusky04

30 posts in this topic

i got osx 10.5.4 to install completely but now upon restart to load the os it hangs :-(

Pat

im a noob at this and i cant get anything to work read a bunch on instruction and still cant do anything (noob)

here are my system specs

hp m8330F

Prossesor name: AMD Phenom 9500 quad-core processor

Package: Socket AM2+ (940)

Motherboard: Asustek

Model: Asus M2N68-LA

Chipset: Nvidia MCP61

SouthBridge: Nvidia MCP61

LPCIO: FINTEK F8000

RAM: 3GB

Video Card:Nvidia GeForce 8500Gt 256MB

ok prettymuch when i put the Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, then it asks me to hit any key to boot from cd if i do that it reboots the computer , if i hit f8 for advanced menu and type -x for safe mode reboots , -s for single mode reboots , -v reboots as well , anything i type in it always reboots, if some one would help my i would really appreciate it , if i started this thread pointlessly let me know and i will post it in the right place, thnx alot

im a noob at this and i cant get anything to work read a bunch on instruction and still cant do anything (noob)

here are my system specs

hp m8330F

ok prettymuch when i put the Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, then it asks me to hit any key to boot from cd if i do that it reboots the computer , if i hit f8 for advanced menu and type -x for safe mode reboots , -s for single mode reboots , -v reboots as well , anything i type in it always reboots, if some one would help my i would really appreciate it , if i started this thread pointlessly let me know and i will post it in the right place, thnx alot

i had the same problem. Then I went and used 10.5.4 and it had a perfect install. But it will only boot to the grey apple screen then it reboots.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

here are my system specs

hp m8330F

An interesting note that I also have the exact same PC model ... the m8330f ... the difference.... OSX86 is installed and working properly on MY pc :D ..... not to worrie... as I have a solution that I have stumbled upon thanks to the insainly mac forum here :D as well as the piratebay.org

I would like to start off by saying that the AMD phenom 9500 CPU is not the problem ( thankfully because that would be an expensive fix for just a fake version of the Mac OS ) Also before you try any other types of OSX86 ... like Kalyway, Leo4All, iAtkos etc.... NONE of these work. That is, exept for one called " iDeneb " ( which by the way whoever comes up with these names... would it KILL you to make some more attractive ones ??? )

So the solution??? Download and install the version... thing...... whatever it is...... called " iDeneb " and install that. Hopefully you can boot in the installation process without having to do any of that weird .... condiluded -x -v -a;lsdjf;lasjdf ... whatever it is.

This is unfortunately all of the help that I can give at the moment because I am currently in the installation process ... trying to fix the audio driver... (Eventhough... OSX does work natively)

I will post specific installation instructions later... that is.... if you haven't already figured it out yourself. ( afterall... that's what I had to do )

OH!!!!.. and one last thing... eventhough the install process is finished you still have to leave the Install DVD in the drive when it restarts. Aperently during the first boot, the DVD still needs to be accessed .... if you do not do this you will get the annoying ... "Waiting for root device" error...

... OK WELL that is what happened to me at least

Hope I could be at least somewhat of help :D

HI there having a kernel panic about Powermanagement,removing it and then reparing the permission with diskUtility,is it normal that rebooting it i got that rainbow turning wheel,for more than 30 min?i'm in a first postinstallation,i just listen my hard disk laptop working,but do not know if it has to act in that way?

LAPTOP ACER ASPIRE 9300 with 4gb ram nvidia chipset Geforce Go 7300 128 mb

AMD turion64x2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...