I want leo on my lappy...

Ongeloof

5 posts in this topic

Right, this would have been about the forth time i have posted about putting Sx86 on my lil Lappy.

It is the Advent 7087, and whenever i boot a DVD, whether it be JaS or iATKOS, rev 1 or 2, it is always waiting for that bloody root device!

Now, unlike my PC which has a great BIOS, this stupid thing only has the model type, whether to put numlock on at the start and what device to boot at start.

Now, if need be, i can put a copy of iATKOS rev2 on an external HDD, if we cant get it to see root device.

Anything i can do to make if have the root device?

I try -s and it does nothing....

what can i do? is there any way to update my laptops bios with new feature and such? does it need a good old fashion flashing?

Think Mark

EDIT: Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Didn't look, still getting used to the new layout.

No such luck, whenevr i try to install either iATKOS, rev1 or 2 and JaS 10.4.8 it lets me pick my language in VMWARE, but then crashes when it is about to load.

Anything i can do? i would preffer iATKOS...

Think Mark

No such luck, whenevr i try to install either iATKOS, rev1 or 2 and JaS 10.4.8 it lets me pick my language in VMWARE, but then crashes when it is about to load.

Anything i can do? i would preffer iATKOS...

Think Mark

Try a flat-image install on an external (usb) harddrive, and if that works clone the install-partition to your internal hard drive.

good luck,

ninetto