How much for a new old macbook book?

7 posts in this topic

How much can i get for the macbook i just ordered if i put it on craigslist or something similar? i want to put it towards getting a new version of the macbook, and i cant cancel my order now because its already shipped.

thanks for the help?

Well those originally sold for $1299. You can probably sell of it for $1000 at least. Depends on the condition and packaging etc. etc. Try selling it for $1100. Does it have a super drive? That's always a big plus. The $1100 new Macbook still doesn't have a superdrive.

It's ok, well, if it is newer than 14 days, you can still exchange it with Apple, for a 10% restocking fee...but you bought it 2nd hand so it's probably not...

Check out Anand's review of the new Macbooks+Macbook Pro's to see the difference between the new and old, and then decide what you wanna sell it for. Basically the new ones have better battery life, are a tiny bit faster, and have larger hard drives...

thanks alot, this will really help me with my decision on what to do

:D

at first I was uncertain becuase i asked a macgeek at school and he said i wouldnt be able to sell it for more than $700 so its nice to get a second opinion.

thanks alot, this will really help me with my decision on what to do

:D

at first I was uncertain becuase i asked a macgeek at school and he said i wouldnt be able to sell it for more than $700 so its nice to get a second opinion.

If he told you that he really isn't a macgeek. You could get at least $1000 for that.... If the box is 100% sealed and untouched even better. :P

If he told you that he really isn't a macgeek.

I agree. Any real Mac geek knows that for some reason, Macs don't star depreciating until they're at least out of warranty. It makes buying used annoying.