10.5.2 update

nate256

5 posts in this topic

so the Kalyway update is soon done downloading and i would like to know the steps i should take to update the system and graphics. I have been reading about repairing permissions so when do i need to do that?

what is the order?

Thanks!

Honestly all I did was download the kalaway update (even though im using iATKOS) then apply it. There was one time where it crashed and bricked my install so 2nd time round i made sure all cd's and network resources were un mounted which seemed to prevent it (maybe just placebo & coincidence ;)).

There is a guide in the post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87078 which i didn't follow as i dont have Intel Core 2 Duo but it may be relevant to you.

I repaired disk permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Repair Disk Permissions) after I installed the update just to make sure. The update has the potential to brick your install assuming things go south so make sure you are backed up and prepared to reinstall just in case.

The update went fine! Easy as pie, now my question is can i do the graphics update? how should I go about doing that?

Thanks!

The update went fine! Easy as pie, now my question is can i do the graphics update? how should I go about doing that?

Thanks!

Once again I just installed it and it worked fine. Also make sure everything important is backed up and precautions are taken as per 10.5.2 update.

Can I ask what graphics card you have?

I have a 8800 GT and it works now with no were near the settings it can produce so i need the update.