gOS

Crunchman

12 posts in this topic

Yes!

It's small, uncomplicated, and easy to install! If you need something and can't find it, there is a "run command2 on the main menu that will, like spotlight, give you a list of everything it has, ie, "ter" will give you "terminal"

The main menu can be accessed anywhere by left or right clicking on the desktop.

It has many faults but is good enough for everyday use!

SticMAN

Hi, i dont post here alot but i have a question Anyone use gOS i was playing and i found this (http://thinkgos.com/) its in beta 2 and im torrenting a copy right now, its free to download but i have problems with DLs So my question was is it good? :)

I've not tried, or bothered to get a Wine as the whole idea of moving to *ix is to get away from all the Win stuff, maybe spend some time and find equivalent software to do the same thing

Look for OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE

SticMAN

itunes, limewire,Nero,ect.

I tried it in a virtual machine a few weeks ago. I crashed Enlightenment constantly through nothing but clicking things. I also didn't like the lack of customization.

It's really designed for the Wal-Mart PCs it is sold with. It has tons of links to buy products. That's really all it is, a front-end to spending money.

I can't wait to try it out. It looks pretty and like it could be fun to use.

That will put my desktop pc to this:

HDD1,PAR0: Windows Xp MCE 2005

HDD1,PAR1: Windows Vista Home Premium

HDD2,PAR0: Jas Tiger 10.4.9

HDD2,PAR1: /home

HDD2,PAR2: Ubuntu 7.10

HDD2,PAR3: gOS 2 Rocket (based on Ubuntu 7.10 and Enlightenment)

HDD3,PAR0: backup fat32

HDD3,PAR1: Home ntfs

Woohoo! 5-Booting!!! What is that called? Triboot, Quadboot, then ??? Quintboot???