HP dv6000 series' topic

Napster

32 posts in this topic

I'm pretty much the same as some of those guys up there with the "still waiting for root device" problem.

Dv 6436nr

same specs as the 6439 in the post a few back from this. Any ideas how to fix this? I can boot in safe mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Napster, You keep saying you installed it in VMWare and then added the kext. Do you run it from VMWare or did you somehow take the installation from VMWare and put it on your hard drive? I would like some more information on how you got it onto your laptop as I think we are in similar situations here.

Napster, You keep saying you installed it in VMWare and then added the kext. Do you run it from VMWare or did you somehow take the installation from VMWare and put it on your hard drive? I would like some more information on how you got it onto your laptop as I think we are in similar situations here.

Actually that method is outdated.

Now I could use Leo4All v3 to install directly to my computer.

And I think it's necessary to have MacDrive 7 to make some change of those kext.

For me, I remove PS2Controller since it slows down my laptop, then add Voodoo kernel and system update :)

Any1 has solution for PS2? And Conexant HDA?

Why cant they port ALSA driver from Linux to Darwin? :( I wish I could do it myself

My laptop must have a different chipset than yours because Leo4All would not work. I have a dv6640us, I believe it's an nForce 630. Is there a kext for that? What is MacDrive 7 and what is the Voodoo kernel? I'm new to this as you can probably tell. This is so far the only OS I have failed to install on this machine, I even have Gentoo working perfectly on my second hard drive! (I have 2 drives that I swap out instead of only giving each OS I want like 40GBs and quad booting I can dual boot on each drive and give each one 80GBs)