IT WORKS BUT...

danerd100

10 posts in this topic

Okay, I got it working the way I want except for 2 parts:

1. My Network Card. It is a Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet Adapter (wired) I can't use the built in one on my mobo beacuse it stopped working for some reason a few months ago. So if anyone knows where I can get the driver for that, I would appreciate it.

2. My USB. Okay, I disabled it in the bios because that is the only way I can get my PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse to work (Even when I have the ApplePS2Controller.kext) If there is a way to avoid disableing it in the bios, I would prefer to do it that way, but I don't think there is a way past that. And second, (I doubt it is possible) but, if the bios have usb disabled, is there a kext that would get me around that?

My specs are in my sig,

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

1)http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416833483&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Download the driver (windoze driver) for the appropriate version (the one you own), open it up, and look and see what driver is being used, grab the Mac driver if one exists for the device, and do it.

2) USB keyboard and mouse?

When you buy a board with 80 kizillion USB ports, some of these ports are forced into a resource sharing situation with other devices, the Mac drivers sometimes conflict with each other (they sometimes do not "share" too well).

Backround:

Linksys makes virtually nothing, they buy in whatever they can get cheap, from what is refered to as "Chinese batch manufacturers".

When you buy such a product, usually the revision numbers refer to "batches" of network cards, the batch manufacturer uses whatever they can source CHEAPEST, at the time of manufacture, for the controller chip on the card.

If you download the appropriate windoze driver for your card, and inspect it (in notepad) it will give you the details as to whose controller chip is on that revision of card, with that info in hand you now know what to use for a driver. (you can almost count of either Realtek, or a VIA, controller of some type)

Okay, this didn't work. The driver is installed using an executeable file, and I cant find the .inf file that is needed

I tried the Tulip method, and that didn't work either. When I try to load the tulip kext, i get an error message that says "Tulip.kext does not contain code for this architecture"

Could it be because I am in safe mode?

Does anyone know how to get passed the safe mode problem?

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!! I HAD TO REBUILD TULIP FOR TIGER EVEN THOUGH I AM USING LEOPARD. I AM USING IT RIGHT NOW. It is not a big deal, but does anyone know how to get the safe mode part working?

Also, when I boot, I try to select a graphics mode, "Graphic Mode"="1280x1024x32" and the graphics do not change, what exactly do I have to type in to get this to work?