Kalway 10.5.1 Install DVD - Loads for about 2 mins then auto restarts!

handyandy164

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

After successfully installing the JaS 10.4.8 DVD, I have decided to UPGRADE to Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD.

The only problem is, I cant get the DVD to boot...

I used the -v flag and it loads about 30-50 kexts, then my computer just restarts...

I heard something to do with non executive booting, that I should enable this, BUT I cant find ANYTHING to do with that in my bios.

Specs:

Acer Aspire RC900

Phoenix AwardBIOS CMOS

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, SSe2

786MB RAM

Intel 82865G Intergrated Graphics (But Im using an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 because the 82865G is in Black and white...) - So the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 is my graphics.(PCI-Express)

160GB Harddrive (2 partitions, NTFS) with XP/Vista dual boot

20GB HDD (1 Partition, HFS+) with a working Jas OSx86 10.4.8 (I upgraded to 10.4.9)

What else??

Any help would be appreciated because I have a very poor broadband plan, so I dont want to have to get another install DVD. One that isn't what I heard as being PC_EFI booting?

Thanks in advance

Your friendly 14-year-old OSx86 leopard wishing person, ;)

Andrew

For me, i'm not able to get leopard from freezing up. I can't use the vanilla kernel because I have a Pentium 4 processor, and Leopard does not work with a 32-bit PC.

Is there any possible way to get my computer to stop freezing up on me whenever it boots up? I've looked into the iatkos ppf patch r2, but it seems to me that it requires you to burn another iso image with it in there. The only issue is that I don't have the iso right now and I'd rather not download at the moment.

So is there anyway way that I can install the patch without having to make/burn another iso.

• 3 months later...