Kalyway keeps rebooting

Freka

12 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I have a problem I hate XP and I'm looking for a change. I downloaded Kalyway 10.5.1 put it on dvd boot from it I then type F8 then type in -v -x -y cpus=1 (tried just cpus=1 by itself still no change) and it starts showing allthose messages got about two minutes then out of nowhere it restarts. I try it agian same thing...

My Stats

Sony Vaio System

Intel 2.0 ghz

512 mb ram

80gb hd

Motherboard Asus P4S266-VX

Please help I raelly want this to work...

Please can somebody tell us "If there is a fix for this," if not can someone please put it as a sticky so that we know. :censored2:

Yes please... if there isint I will just shut up and leave this to die but if there is...

• 2 months later...
Yea but I don't even get to the menu... when it loads everything on teh black screen with all the white writing right after darwin/x86 then it just keeps rebooting...

i'm with you man, the same {censored} happens to me. 2 of my pc's are amd and in the bios are set up properly. after i get the darwin screen i type in the syntax -v -x -y cpus=1 or just -v or just hit enter and my machine reboots no matter what. i get no apple screen to install from, just reboots. anyone out there no why?

I was having this same issue for the past two days.

For what it's worth, I found a guide specific to installing on the Asus P5NE-SLI w/ 680i chipset. Installed with only the sleepy kernel and removed some other non-essentials and it finally went through after about the 15th install attempt.

Here is what ultimately got me started down the right path, thanks Mysticus C

Multi-distro install guide by Mysticus C

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

I tried 'speedstepkernel', -x, -v, -s and -f.

I change my DVD to primary Master and my IDE to primary Slave, I turned off my ACPI support, with no luck.

Here's the log it shows before restarting.

setting bootuuid to ...
loading darwin/x86
loading kernel mach_kernel
loading HFS+ file [mah_kernel] from 422d690
loading HFS+ file [mah_kernel] from 422d690
loaddrivers loading from [/System/Library/Extensions.mkext]
loading HFS+ file [/System/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 422d690
EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH
using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found

Oh God, please help us! LOL

I have the same problem with an ASRock 775i945gz and P4. The tiger distros install fine, but the kalyway and leo4all install dvds just reboot a couple seconds after the boot menu. I have the latest bios and think i got the settings fine... very weird

• 1 month later...