iWeb any good?

S.SubZero

2 posts in this topic

I own a domain. It's hosted by a friend on his Win2K3 web server. I only know it somehow involves Cold Fusion (I don't know what that really is). I don't use the site for anything, but he did make a quick front page which is pretty horrible. He's gotten out of the web business and just has this server for his existing clients. He won't make any changes to the server, especially not for me since my hosting is free.

I want to re-do the front page to something basic but less 1996-ish. I've seen some iWeb sites that don't look bad. I do know that hosting on .Mac gives more options, but that's not gonna happen. I also lack any ability whatsoever to code anything. I'm a hardware and OS guy, I don't do programming. HTML code is useless to me. I just want to take a template, throw some pictures and text, click a button and upload it. The most complicated thing I'd like is a gallery, but I'm happy just linking to my Google Picasa gallery.

From a total noob's perspective, is iWeb suitable? I have a feeling people may think it's TOO watered down, but that's what I want.

iWeb is essentially the n00bs tool for creating webpages. It won't really let you get into PHP scripting, but as far as a basic website goes, it comes with a variety of professional looking templates. People will think you really know how to code when you don't. :D

So, I'd say it's exactly what you need.