iAtkos boot freezes after okay installation

revolutionbr

4 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I've tried to install iAtkos 1.0i r2 on my PC but my mobo is nForce chipset so I grabbed the "r3" addon patch that gives support to nForce SATA drivers.

I've installed iAtkos MacOS perfectly on my HD, using Darwin EFI Bootloader. When I boot the gray screen appears but after a minute or two the loading icon freezes.

I did boot using -v (and later -v -x) commands to check what was the problem but no error is shown. It freezes after it gives the command to load the logon screen.

*Actually I have shown some NVInject errors, so I've reinstalled without grabbing NVIntect drivers, now no error is shown, but won't boot anyway.

My PC specs are:

ASUS P5N-SLI (have Nforce SATA chipset)

Intel Core Duo 2 E6750 2.66Ghz FSB800Mhz

250GB SATA

2Gb RAM DDR2-800

Geforce 8600GT 128Mb

Any insights that could help me get Leopard working? Should I change any configuration? Should I use another Leopard Build (like BrazilMac, Kalyway, etc)?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there,

I've tried to install iAtkos 1.0i r2 on my PC but my mobo is nForce chipset so I grabbed the "r3" addon patch that gives support to nForce SATA drivers.

I've installed iAtkos MacOS perfectly on my HD, using Darwin EFI Bootloader. When I boot the gray screen appears but after a minute or two the loading icon freezes.

I did boot using -v (and later -v -x) commands to check what was the problem but no error is shown. It freezes after it gives the command to load the logon screen.

*Actually I have shown some NVInject errors, so I've reinstalled without grabbing NVIntect drivers, now no error is shown, but won't boot anyway.

My PC specs are:

ASUS P5N-SLI (have Nforce SATA chipset)

Intel Core Duo 2 E6750 2.66Ghz FSB800Mhz

250GB SATA

2Gb RAM DDR2-800

Geforce 8600GT 128Mb

Any insights that could help me get Leopard working? Should I change any configuration? Should I use another Leopard Build (like BrazilMac, Kalyway, etc)?

Thanks

hey dudee, i'm trying to instal os x en in a similiar pc, a p5n-sli with core2duo e4300 1 gb and XFX 7300Gt but in leopard i can't get pass the preparing installation screen, (i've tried TOH RC2 and Kalyway ) and in tiger i tried jass 10.4.8 a and maxxus 10.4.5 but the installer dont reconize de sata hdd,, you know because nforce...now i'm downloading iAtkos to try.

can you tell me how you've set up your Bios?

if i get it working in some way i will tell you, it seems like we are in the same..

bye. thanks

• 4 months later...

Hey peeps,

I got a problem installing OSX68 also. I got the iAtkos 2.0 software and a P5N-SLI with E6750 processor.

I installed using -v command. After a succesfull install the PC boots up with OSX.

I get passed the white screen (with logo and loading wheel). But after that I get an OSX error. It says I have to reboot. Nothing further.

Anybody got the solution yet?

Milan

• 3 weeks later...
Hey peeps,

I got a problem installing OSX68 also. I got the iAtkos 2.0 software and a P5N-SLI with E6750 processor.

I installed using -v command. After a succesfull install the PC boots up with OSX.

I get passed the white screen (with logo and loading wheel). But after that I get an OSX error. It says I have to reboot. Nothing further.

Anybody got the solution yet?

Milan

Hi there,

Have you checked out the excellent threads by Mysticus C* for Intel CPUs and nForce chipset MOBOs:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

If you follow Mysticus C*'s guides carefully they should get you going OK...his guides and updater packages have got me up to running 10.5.4 on a 650i MOBO with a Q6600..... :P

A key point will be whether or not you have a SATA or PATA DVDRW as the former may cause problems.....But if you need further clarification on each step read the Kalyway 10.5.2 (IMHO the preferred choice because of giving no SUIDs errors) and iATKOSv2.0i 10.5.2 install guides in my blog......other forum readers and members have posted saying that it helped them install OS X successfully....the following posts here on pages 81 and 82 by sQuadron, which show that iATKOS v2.0i was successfully installed using my blog guide and is running on a ASUS striker exteme mother board nFORCE 680i.....whereas he had problems with leo4all v3...... :)