Mail.app doesn't seem to be retriving mail

vaporATX

4 posts in this topic

Not getting any errors or anything, it's just not retriving any mail from any of my accounts. Running 10.5.2.

Any ideas or trouble shooting tips or ideas?

This may not be an issue with OSx86, it may be OS X in general. I've been searching around for answers and lots of people seem to be having issues with Mail.app after the 10.5.2 update. I had to install Thunderbird for the time being (I hate Thunderbird), but I rely on my email for my livelihood too much to wait for Apple to pick up the dropped ball once again.

Still open to any fix ideas from people, though. I can't find anything in my searches but questions.

I have 10.5.1 on my main hdd and 10.5.2 setup on an external usb hdd. I put my server info into Mail on 10.5.2 and it started retrieving mail instantly and doesn't seem to have any problem. Did you transfer settings over from another version, or start a new Mail account? I'm thinking that starting a new account and wiping your old one may be a solution.

Yeah, I transfered from my MBP.

I seen to have narrowed it down to the gmail pop account. All my other accounts are working but that one.

I may take you advice and wipe that account and see if that works.