Cubase user trying to get along with Logic

Threepwood

3 posts in this topic

I find Logic's interface to be a bit slow to work with compared to Cubase. I used 4.8 for Windows many years ago and now I'm trying to get into the world of Logic again with the latest version. The price is fantastic; you get great plugins and a big sample library for peanut money. But I really miss the right click menu where you can do a lot of things to a clip, both audio and midi. I also find that Cubase/Nuendo is better at showing data, like the start/end/length of a clip. You don't have to click and hold to see that, and you don't have to bring up a new tab or window to edit it (the event editor). Another feature I use all the time in Cubase is snap toggle (J). Apparently snap doesn't work that way in Logic - you just set it to different values.

Totally agree, still find myself right clicking 2 months after making the switch...

this may help lessen the curve... direct copy of a post from the Logic User group

From: "Edgar Rothermich" <edgarrothermichat-sign-green.gifmac.com>

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 at 12:17:48 PM

Subject: [LUG] Logic 8 - Another New Personal Manual Message #233851 I just uploaded the second Personal Manual for Logic 8 This is ment as a little help with the Key Commands. I copied the Key Commands of Logic 8 and Logic 7.2 into a spreadsheet and tried to match them up. The result is a 13 page spreadsheet with all the Key Commands in the Logic8 order with the following helpful features: * all L7 and L8 Key Commands side by side * all new Key Commands in L8 are marked * all renamed Key Commands in L8 are marked * all the L7 Key Commands that didn't make it into L8 ar listed I tried to make the fonts as small as posible to reduce the number of pages, but I think you can still read them when you print them out. The color I used for marking should come across ok when you print in b/w. As an addition, I posted also the spreadsheet in the original file format "iWork: Numbers" and as an Excel export file (looks pretty crappy). If you want to further customize the file for your own needs, at least you have the raw data. (BTW, for all my Manuals, I'm using Apple's Pages since it came out) As usual, the zipped files are available as a free download from my website: http://homepage.mac.com/edgarrothermich/Manuals.html Have fun Edgar Rothermich