Leo Server HOTiSo

14 posts in this topic

Is this for a hackintosh or MacIntel? cos i am over half way, and would rather buy the god damn thing if it is for hackmac.....

i realize it s a bit of a thick question, but somebody has to ask!

Think Mark

So, it is completed now, and oh, goody, Think Mark is fresh out of DL disks.... {censored} GREAT!

when i go to mount this in toast, and click restart, it goes back to normal Leo!!! why! anything out there i could use without burning?

sort of like, vmware to native...

Think Mark

Well, it is not. I didn't have a DL disc lazing aroun, so i made a new partition on my iMac, and hit the restore button in disk utility and chose the file, .DMG,Then the partiton and hit resotre, restarted in tot the chosen partition and boom, all done

10 GB installed in 15 minutes......

Don't really understand it fully yet, as i am writnig this from school :D

When i get home, i have two thoughts...

1: Keep the iMac server whatever, with all its col new pretty system preferances, or

2: format that {censored} and put good old regular leo back on...

3:... download OS 9.ISO and see what the fudge that is like....

Think Mark

yeah the guys from hotiso don't do hackintosh stuff. if you get one of their releases, you can be sure it's for real and for the mac.

so what did you end up doing? did you keep the server installed or wipe it?

You're only partially right about HOTiSO. HOTiSO also made hack DVDs (10.4.6 I think it was) for hackint0shes. But you're right that their new releases are for real macs. However, it is possible to install a real mac DVD with EFI and by replacing a couple kexts here and there :P