[help] kalyway installation error what to do?

gauravsuneja

8 posts in this topic

help i downloaded kalway 10.5.1 .iso from torrent site and installed on my pc

NameIntel Core 2 Duo E4500 Code NameConroe SpecificationIntel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz

System Name945GCMX-S2 System S/N Mainboard VendorGigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Mainboard Model945GCMX-S2

BIOS VendorAward Software International, Inc.

BIOS VersionF4 BIOS Date05/24/2007

Memory SPD Module 1DDR2, PC2-5300 (333 MHz), 2048 MBytes, Transcend Information

i formatted my 1st partition as macosx extended journaled and on customization i selected vanilaa both and unselected graphics audio and network drivers and selected guid install

now i am getting a b0 error after the installation went fine

is your formated drive guid or mbr?

Make sure the one you install is also the one you chose in Disk utility! Also make sure you unmount and remount the partition (or just do a quick erase) you install to

Installing Leopard does not set the partition active for some reason, like tiger did!!

I always use mbr, I see no point to use guid at all :rolleyes:

Good Luck

gauravsuneja,

Xosx86 beat me to it! I got the same error on my first install because my HDD was MBR formatted and I selected GUID in the install options. I use GUID myself but if you are going to try and put Windows on another partition MBR is the way to go!

hi buddies thanks for everything but my hdd is formatted to mac osx extended journaled . guid or mbr is find of format like hfs+?plz tell me how to format it to guid or mbr ,my hdd is 40gb ata and 1st partion was fat32 with windows xp installed and tell me how to make my partition active i made it bootable by gpart but there was no option to make it active . :) windows xp was installed on the partiton ie. c:/ on which i installed after formatting the whole c: drive with disk utility of mac osx leopard

gauravsuneja,Xosx86 beat me to it! I got the same error on my first install because my HDD was MBR formatted and I selected GUID in the install options. I use GUID myself but if you are going to try and put Windows on another partition MBR is the way to go!
i didn't get u dear i heard hat if u wan to install kalway with osx as primary os u need guid and if u want to install with xp preinstalled use mbr then ? can u plz explain the whole line above ? i thought guid is juts like grub for linux liek mbr for windows .but u peopel got my all fundamentals wrong .i am confused is guid or mbr is tpe of hdd format liek hfs ,fat32 fat16 ext kinds?

Take a look this

post-124458-1203844102_thumb.png

You see in format it says "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Then in Options is where you choose mbr or guid!

As seen below

post-124458-1203844109_thumb.png

Hope this helps, I would use mbr as you said you also want to run windows!

Like I said in the above comment.

Make sure if you use mbr under options, then you must use mbr under options when installing Leopard.

Please report back after you try again, OK?

Good luck

hi dear thanks for prompt response but i want to install mac only in my first partition and i have only that disk only .i think it will be easy to do for noobie like me.my hdd is 40gb with 2 partitions in fat32 .i formatted 1st partition and named it OSX (mac osx journaled) then i customize b4 starting the install i chose vanilla and efi patches and guid to install what was that? .ok making it clearfor u and me no windows only mac osx as primary os is my choice .any changes needed now in ur advice above? no windows to be installed in future i am repeating as it is my first time i want to make it as simple for u to tell and me to ask