[Tutorial]How To Get ALC889a Audio Working!

Grav3Mind

12 posts in this topic

If you have ALC889a audio and can't get it to work we have a simple package for you!

Download and unzip the file, and then follow the instructions

Side notes:The board that this was tested and confirmed working on was a GA-X38-D24

"Disclaimers: We don't take responsibility for the kexts or files provided, we did not write them, only consolidated them and wrote instructions to setup ALC889a audio only."

Credits for whipping up this little tutorial go to:

KatRatszi

Grav3Mind

Other Thanks go out to

Ls8 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77165

ALC889A_FIX.zip

If you have ALC889a audio and can't get it to work we have a simple package for you!

Download and unzip the file, and then follow the instructions

Side notes:The board that this was tested and confirmed working on was a GA-X38-D24

"Disclaimers: We don't take responsibility for the kexts or files provided, we did not write them, only consolidated them and wrote instructions to setup ALC889a audio only."

Credits for whipping up this little tutorial go to:

KatRatszi

Grav3Mind

Other Thanks go out to

LC8 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77165

1 I believe it’s ls8 instead of lc8

2 what is new in those kexts, I mean, do they better manage the power management compares with the old one ( or maybe they are the same.)

Thanks anyway

fred

1 I believe it’s ls8 instead of lc8

2 what is new in those kexts, I mean, do they better manage the power management compares with the old one ( or maybe they are the same.)

Thanks anyway

fred

You're right its ls8 :( atleast I corrected it in the readme :dev:

As for number 2... Well we didn't write the kexts, we've done really nothing except grab the right files from ls8's package and put them together with instructions on how to install them. Grav was having problems getting his ALC889a audio working and couldn't find out how to enable just that. ls8's package was for a GA-P35-DS4 motherboard and a certain setup, (he has nvidia kexts etc in his patches), so we just removed the bits that were needed to get the audio working. Since we couldn't find anything on how to do this, we released what we did for those who might be having problems.

Will this package give me 5.1 sound?

One more time....

5.1 is independent of your audio codec, i.e. there is NO specific 5.1 driver.

You need to create an aggregate device and use it, it works on any combination of outputs (eg. if you are only getting stereo out, you can buy a couple of $5 USB sound sticks and aggregate them to get 6 channels).

Follow the instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87336

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to install this but

this appears in my terminal code

"no such file or drive" i changed the destination to my osx hd name.

its their a conflict if my drives are in MBR not GUID?

250gb Seagate

4Partions

1 xp

2 shared

1 os x

MOBO: G33 DS2R