iATKOSv1.0 HELP PLEASE!

alex09

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I need serious help. I just got iatkos. And when I go to install it in the Disk utilities. There are none of my hard drives show up. Everything is blank in the Disk Utilities Screen. So please help me and tell me how to fix please!!!!!!!! :):):(

(Mainboard)Manufacturer: ATIChipest: ATISouthbridge: ATI(CPU)Intel Celeron M proccesor 1.50GHz448MB RamWindows Vista Home Premium55.8GB Total (Left 32GB)Compadible, MMX, SSE, SSE2BUMBP!!!bump please answer and help mePLEASE ANSWER HELLO!!!!!!

That's not the model#. Anyway it doesn't matter.

First off that laptop has a sata drive not ide hard drive and second I will bet that the cd\dvd rom drive is ide and that may cause problems. Do you see the cd\dvd drive in disk utilities when you boot iAtkos install disc?

As far as the hard drive goes, some people have reported problems seeing their hard drives when trying to install OSX. This issue is not new. You will have to do some searching. That's the least of your problems. Even if you could see that hard drive installing and booting OSX after an install is going to be the issue.

1. It's not the most powerful notebook, but should be ok to run OSX.

2. It's got ATI all over it and that in it's self will most likely going to you issues. You are going to have to do some more searching to get the right drivers to get the ATI chipset to work. I have read it's possible, but a headache.

If I was you I would be checking out the Genius Bar for help. There is tons of info there.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=45

Good luck,

Chevy