Anyone try Kalyway 10.5.1 on Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P?

~pcwiz

7 posts in this topic

I have a P35-DS3R, for me its an improvement over iATKOS, much faster, some people have reported having some crashing issues but only if u have 4GB of memory, I've had two crashes so far, I did some things in the bios that may have fixed, but GL with ur installation.

I have almost the exact same setup as you (different 7900), and it works without a problem. As noted above, sound was a bit of an issue and for me the patch method didn't work (probably because I am not the best command-line jockey on the planet, I'm sure). I since discovered the Kext helper in the Kalyway install which makes it a snap, but I still had problems getting full functionality for input and output. I ended up using the CMI 8738 PCI Audio Drivers which worked like a charm. I've attached them in case you face the same problem as me.

CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.zip

HI I have a Gigybyte P35-DS3 there must be no differece or?

The driver you atteched solve this problem with input and output??

Can you please explain it more detailed how you installed the driver.There are so many folders in the zip file

thx dude

Mfg

Partyhunter

I used the kext helper that's included in the kalyway release to install CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext. Yes, it fixed my input and output problems. If you don't have kext helper, search google for "kext helper." Sorry, when I open the .zip in OSX I only see one folder.