use mp3s as ringtones...?

smorf

5 posts in this topic

hi there,

so my iphone is fully working, but i really wuld like to use mp3s as ringtones.

is there a way to get this working? i would prefer this due to the compatibility to other cell phones, also i have a bunch of mp3s that i´d like to use for that purpose.

if it´s needed i´m not afraid to work via command line on the system, so if there´s any way... :-)

if there´s no way, what´s the trick to convert mp3s or similar sound files and add them to the ringtones?

i only found some od thread, that described how to do this on firmware 1.1.1 ... my phone is on 1.1.2, and i neither want to upgrade nor downgrade.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

smorf

Commercial/Trial-ware is also an option for 1.1.2 phones.

iToner (ultra simple ... caveman could use this app)

iFuntastic (More than just ringtones.)

I've used both, I recommend iToner over iFuntastic. But both are overpriced for what you actually get. Go with the GarageBand method if it works.

(alternately, get your hands on iTunes 7.4.1 and use the backdoor.)

S_L

• 12 years later...

Turn any MP3 into an iPhone ringtone

1. Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert. (It must be an MP3.) sonnerie mp3
2. Right-click the song and choose Get Info.
3. Click the Options tab.
4. Check the Start Time and Stop Time boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone). I used 0:00 and 0:30, respectively, as “Spit It Out” has a perfect ascending lead-in.
Click OK, then right-click the song again and choose Create AAC Version. You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.
5. Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice.
6. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
7. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. 8. Double-click it and it immediately gets added to iTunes’ ringtone library.
9. Finally, sync your iPhone. When it’s done, you can head into the settings and select your new ringtone.

sonnerie nokia

Edited by Maxbrady