After 10.5.2 the NTFS-3G automount not working

Paramount

7 posts in this topic

Using the Kalyway 10.5.1 install, I installed MacFuse for Leopard, and NTFS-3G...

My USB Disk was mouting in RW mode (using NTFS-3G) but after updating to 10.5.2, it stopped.

I have tried to run "Enable NTFS-3G.command"... but the automount still doesn't work.

Someone have a solution for it?

Everytime that I put my USB Disk, I need to umount it and mount manualy, with "mount_ntfs-3g /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/USB_DISK".

Tried to install MacFuse again, NTFS-3G again... but nothing.

I tried right now to uninstall NTFS-3G and install again.

No success.

I checked the /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.util, PROBE_DISABLED=0.

So it's OK.

But when I put my USB HD, only the internal NTFS mount the disk.

I tried right now to uninstall NTFS-3G and install again.

No success.

I checked the /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.util, PROBE_DISABLED=0.

So it's OK.

But when I put my USB HD, only the internal NTFS mount the disk.

I use Paragon NTFS for OSX. after updating to 10.5.2 it was disabled initially. Reinstall fixed everything. I found that Paragon ntfs is much more reliable than ntfs-3g.

• 4 months later...

Yes (The great deceiv...) - but after an upgrade to 10.5.3 it seems I get the Blue screen of death and my mac wont load up. I've reinstalled it and identified that the NTFS for Mac os x is causing the freeze issue on the blue screen. Cant seem to solve this... Anyone else with this issue?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I´m new at the forum and to osx, I was with everything working fine on my presario v6210br (except that nvidia doesn´t have hw accell but

that was ok to my use) then I´ve installed macfuse and ntfs-3g and just like MacPlanes, I get only the blue screen than nothing loads, does

anyone know how to remove macfuse and ntfs-3g through command line using -s boot option ? I removed all folders with macfuse and ntfs-3g

but I still can´t boot my osx properly

Thanks for any help :)