2600PRO!

drumthrasher109

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

i have an Radeon 2600 Pro, too, same ID 9589. I use the Drivers from Netkas. You can found it on IRC Server irc.osx86.hu, Channel #radeonHD . www.netkas.org is his Page.

I have Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2. After the Comboupdate i have installed the Grafics Update from Apple.

Then i have searched in System/Library/Extensions fpr ATIRadeonX2000.kext, Right-Click on it, select "Open" or "Show Package" or something like that (i have German Version "Paketinhalt anzeigen"). Then open Info.PList and search the Line, which beginns with <string>... there you will find many IDs of Graphic Cards. You will notice, that there are no 9589 ID, similar like this: 0x9589001, add this in that line and safe it.

After that add the 2600 pro fix from lastexile, and it should work.

Here's actual link: click

KS

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I followed all the above instruction but after rebooting, the white screen with the apple logo appears (distorted res) and then the screen turns blue (a very nice and smooth blue though). All I can see is a mouse which i can control and it appears to be in the correct resolution (1650x1080). And also I think that OSX is running behind that blue screen 'cuz I notice when i moved the mouse to the corner that I set up to display all windows, the mouse changed into a hand with a finger pointing.

Any advice, guys?

Thanks

Here's my system:

Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI

AMD X2 3800+

Asus A8N-VM CSM

Visiontek HD 2600 Pro 512mb (dev id:9589)

HDD: Maxtor 200GB IDE (MBR partitioned)

audio: Soundmax (got it working with azalia package installer)

Lan: Nforce ethernet (not working, tried forcedeth and skge)

Hi all, I followed all the above instruction but after rebooting, the white screen with the apple logo appears (distorted res) and then the screen turns blue (a very nice and smooth blue though). All I can see is a mouse which i can control and it appears to be in the correct resolution (1650x1080). And also I think that OSX is running behind that blue screen 'cuz I notice when i moved the mouse to the corner that I set up to display all windows, the mouse changed into a hand with a finger pointing.

Any advice, guys?

Thanks

Here's my system:

Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI

AMD X2 3800+

Asus A8N-VM CSM

Visiontek HD 2600 Pro 512mb (dev id:9589)

HDD: Maxtor 200GB IDE (MBR partitioned)

audio: Soundmax (got it working with azalia package installer)

Lan: Nforce ethernet (not working, tried forcedeth and skge)

I'M HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

I've had the same problems with ToH 10.5.0 (patched for AMD), Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev. 1 AND Rev. 2!!! I set Leopard to go to the login screen so it doens't automatically logon, and I get my cursor and a blue background. It didn't freeze, I can start to type in my password and press enter and the hard drive activity light starts to blink like it normally would.

The only way to get it working is to boot with -s and remove ATIRADEONX2000.kext and Natit.kext. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?

I guess i'll have to live without accelerated support, I can still change my resolution by changing the com.apple.Boot.plist file.

My Palit 2600 PRO card Same ID works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't look at the instructions off this thread . Used some advice from Netkas blog but it

s been as while

Graphics update required.

installed triakas "Spelling" don't know if that was required.

Replace the Ati2000*** kext.

Was hoping the new LEO4All ati driver would work if ever a re-install

My Palit 2600 PRO card Same ID works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't look at the instructions off this thread . Used some advice from Netkas blog but it

s been as while

Graphics update required.

installed triakas "Spelling" don't know if that was required.

Replace the Ati2000*** kext.

Was hoping the new LEO4All ati driver would work if ever a re-install

LEO4ALL?

• 4 months later...