What would you choose today ?

jagged

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I would love to hear what you would choose of motherboard, cpu and grafics now that you allready have tried to built a hackintosh and maybe is a bit wiser :0)

My "problem" off course is that I want to start building one and it would be great to hear a bit from people who actually has experience with what to choose.

Soooo if you had to do it again what would you choose ?

I think maybe the abit ip35, a 6750 processor and a 8800GT card.

What about sound, is that always an issue. If i cant build a rig with at least working stereo then i wont because i need to edit video.

For that reason i also need working firewire.

Best wishes

Jagged

8800 GT is fine...and for the sound your best bet is to just buy a cheap 5 or 10 dollar sound card.

q6600 is a good CPU!

P5b-deluxe motherboard has been working nicely for me, sound and network working out of the box. I'm about to build a video editing computer too and it will definatly have the new processors with SSE4.1, most likely the new q9300. It's about the same price of q6600 but overclocks tad bit less but it overclocks more then enough and definatly give you a boost in video editing and uses less power, thats a plus because I leave my computer on all the time.

8800 GT is fine...and for the sound your best bet is to just buy a cheap 5 or 10 dollar sound card.q6600 is a good CPU!
ahh ok I didnt know that it could be remedied that easyli. thanks for the advice.Best wishesJagged
P5b-deluxe motherboard has been working nicely for me, sound and network working out of the box. I'm about to build a video editing computer too and it will definatly have the new processors with SSE4.1, most likely the new q9300. It's about the same price of q6600 but overclocks tad bit less but it overclocks more then enough and definatly give you a boost in video editing and uses less power, thats a plus because I leave my computer on all the time.
OK but that is also quite a lot more expensive than a 6750 core duo right ?? I guess i dont need that hardcore equipment i think i will aim lower, not to invest to much if i cant make it work.But i will look at that mobo. Did you use the kalyway distro ?Best wishesjagged