Advice on removing NVInstallerV.32 after update to 10.5.2

rocketscience

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been running kalyway 10.5.1 and used the NVInstallerV.32 package to get my NVIDIA 8300GS going pretty well.

I've subsequently installed the Kalyway combo updater to 10.5.2, then ran the kernel update, followed by downloading installing the Apple Graphics updater. I'm running stable here but have some question and seek some advice.

Do I need the NVInstaller? What is the best way to remove it, if not?

Do I need the V.33 version?

In the half-day I've been using 5.2, I'm working fine here and sleep works, which is better than before and more that I can say for the Vista premium that came on the Dell 9200/XPS 410 in use here!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RS

PS - Anyone know how to get album art to donwload without signing up for iTunes store?

Hi,

I've been running kalyway 10.5.1 and used the NVInstallerV.32 package to get my NVIDIA 8300GS going pretty well.

I've subsequently installed the Kalyway combo updater to 10.5.2, then ran the kernel update, followed by downloading installing the Apple Graphics updater. I'm running stable here but have some question and seek some advice.

Do I need the NVInstaller? What is the best way to remove it, if not?

Do I need the V.33 version?

Pretty sure you do, see Kyle's last post here:

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=21

As far as iTunes goes. I wouldn't know. I hate all the bells and whistles in iTunes and just use: http://sbooth.org/Play/

Thanks VaporATX. I've updated to V.33 and seem to be running fine.

I hadn't noticed the long boot time before now, although I ran the kalyway kernel install. Must have walked out of the room during reboot.

Now to follow the instructions for that!

I had the long boot time problem. I fixed it easier than kyle explains it. Did you install the vanilla kernel after the kaly 10.5.2 combo update? It's a separate file. If you didn't look on the bay for it. Search for "kernel" and you'll see it.

Thanks again.

I looked at Kyle's link and didn't really understand the whole procedure with smth and reinstating kexts.

I did re-run the kalyway kernel patch, ran disk utility to repair permissions and it seems that the kernel update (vanilla/efi) 'took' this time. No more extended blue boot screen.

Perhaps 2nd time's a charm.