Ethernet Problems after Kalyway Update 10.5.2

hhjjppww

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I love this community.

Now i got a little problem. After I've installed the KalywayIntelCombo10.5.2 my Internet (Ethernet Broadcom) stopped working. It constantly said the network cable was unplugged!!!

Since there's a backup folder in the update, I replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext with the one in that folder, but after that my network still didn't work. I could not even open the Network-folder in the System Preferences, the "System Preferences" crashed after clicking on that network symbol.

Can anyone help me???

Is only the IONetworkingFamily.kext important for my ethernet controller???

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 9300

Intel Centrino 1,73Ghz SSE2

Broadcom Ethernet Controller

But other than the ethernet problem, Mac works fine on my SSE2 system!

Thanks KALYWAY and all the others of this community.

greetz,

Hendrik

Hey guys,

i put a clean install of MAC on my laptop and now it works.

I might have not installed the IONetworkingFamily correctly the other day.

But it seems that the kernel extension for the Broadcom 440 Ethernet Card isn't included in the 10.5.2-IONetworkingFamily.kext, whereas every other ethernet card still is! --> WEIRD!!!

Anyway,

good luck everybody on your hackintosh's

Again for everybody who have problems with the Broadcom 440 card after the Kalyway 10.5.2 update:

Use the IONetworkingFamily.kext from the 10.5.1 version.

Drop it in the Extensions folder. --> Authenticate

chmod -r 755 and chown -r root:weel in the Terminal

repair permission

reboot --> works fine on my Dell Inspiron 9300

the kernel extension should be found on the kalyway 10.5.1 install dvd

That doesnt work for me... =/even tryed opening it and changing only the BCM one... (replacing BCM5701 and rm the other one)no go..network pref takes a long time to come up.. no broadcom... and no wifi (that works on 10.5.2 and 10.5.1)just something that came to my mind now... you guys that updated and have problems, try playing arount with the bios options.... video memory, etc... who knows..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I used nofxx's method and my internet worked too but it crashes alot and I loose my web connection and local network connection to the point where i"m always rebooting so I can connect to anything. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...