Front Row in TV Out

thunder.scripts

7 posts in this topic

I'd like to know this also, got my ASUS 7300GS working on 10.5.1 with QE/CI and resolution switching by taking the old geforce kexts and bundles from 10.4.8, but now front row won't launch on my TV Screen, any way to fix this?

Appearently, Front Row only works in the main display. So drag the menu bar to your tv and front row will work there. This is the only solution I could find so far. I tried creating an AppleScript to do this automatically, but the little program I used to switch main display crashed too often.

Also, make sure that front row isn't running before switching the menu bar, otherwise it won't work in the tv out (keep in mind that even if you close front row, it's still working in the background for some minutes, check activity monitor).

Good Luck!

Ok I got Tv-out working, at last. But I can't get it to work with CI/QE. I'm currently using all original leopard kexts, except for NVDAResMan.kext.

Also, I don't have a main display, I just have my TV connected. I'm suspecting my front row won't launch because of CI/QE not being supported.

I found out the problems I have (Kernel panic @ boot, right after loading natit.kext) were caused by the NV10-NV50 kexts, anyone have a modded version of these kexts that might work for my card with TV-out?

thanks in advance

Doobiebro