Firewire not working?

dsc106

9 posts in this topic

System specs in sig. Everything else seems to be working. Firewire worked in Tiger (TubGirl).

System recognizes firewire port in the profiler. But if I plug anything in (camera, external HDD) it is not detected; USB is however. YET... when I plug my camera into the firewire port, it does not recogize on desktop or in application, however, in profiler it even shows the name of the device... hmmm...

Any idea how to get firewire working properly?

Yes, when I do that, I get a blackscreen after the boot - the interface doesn't load. It loads again when no firewire is plugged in. Using -V, on a normal boot with nothing plugged in, it says:

"Firewire can't determine security mode, defaulting to full security" or something like that, along with "firewire GUID invalid 00000000" or something like that...

Hmmm... GRR. Any ideas? I'm using Asus A8N-SLI nforce 4 motherboard...

And if this doesn't work, is there a PCI natively supported firewire add in card that I can buy?

• 3 weeks later...

I never Installed any OS X ver. Still trying to install Leopard x86 and i get Waiting for root device and a kind of error happend to dsc106 like "Firewire can't determine security mode, defaulting to full security" same as him... Does any one know a solution ?, please PM me

I get this too. Firewire is recognized in system profiler, plugging a device will let it be seen in system profiler but it won't mount to desktop. If I plug it in and reboot, it is mounted. If I unplug it after boot and then plug it back in, it fails to mount and I have to reboot to let the device be recognized again.