GParted Live CD does not work for me

zedzed

3 posts in this topic

Everything that can go wrong for me is going wrong.

I have Intel D945GNTLKR mobo with Pentium 4 641 cpu

I just cant get the iATKOS install to boot so thought I would check the flags with GParted.

Well - the damned thing will not boot into graphical mode.

I choose Forcevideo but there are no Intel drivers!

They have drivers for old old old stuff like Voodoo, S3 and Cirrus for example but nothing for Intel 950.

FFS - I can't believe this.

I can't believe that a Windows install is painless and this Leopard thing is the most painful experience ever!

I can't believe that a Windows install is painless and this Leopard thing is the most painful experience ever!

Hate to say it, but, DUH. :(

Leopard will never be quite as easy as installing windows (at least not for 99% of users).

As far as GParted goes, make sure you're using the most current release. I had a problem originally with a slightly older distro for my 7600 gt (no clue why), but getting a more current release fixed it for me.

Dont use gparted. Do this instead:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <-- (or whatever disk you want to mark active)

hit enter

type flag 2 (or whatever disk you want to set active. So if your EFI its partition 2 you want active)

type u

hit enter

type w

hit enter

type q

hit enter

Restart and your done now the partiton is active for booting. I have to do this all the time as it seems that most of the install disks out there will not set my partions active. Not sure why.