Want to verify a Galaxy 8800GT 512MB

freebsdx

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I want to buy a Galaxy 8800GT 512MB for its powerful performance. Hmm, before it is done, it will be the best to confirm everything is to be perfect. So the following is several questions:

1.I want to confirm that whether it can work perfectly with Leopard 10.5.2 + leopard graphics update? For example, the applications run with QE/CI can work stably without crash?

2.It is saied when you are using the 512MB Video card, you need to fresh your video BIOS to get it work. That maybe horrible to do so, so I am wondering whether it is true or not?

3.Some people reported that when using the nvinject, they get a bluescreen when loading the system. So I want to know whether it is true or not, if so, then how to solve it?

4. The most important thing is :My display has only VGA port, so I need a convert to change DVI to VGA. I am wondering whether the card can still work when using the converter method?

Thank you for any help!!! ANY GUIDANCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone.

I want to buy a Galaxy 8800GT 512MB for its powerful performance. Hmm, before it is done, it will be the best to confirm everything is to be perfect. So the following is several questions:

1.I want to confirm that whether it can work perfectly with Leopard 10.5.2 + leopard graphics update? For example, the applications run with QE/CI can work stably without crash?

Other than not being able to get my EVGA plain 8800gt to work using the strings method it works fine with the NVinstallerV.33.pkg no crashes or anything like that.

2.It is saied when you are using the 512MB Video card, you need to fresh your video BIOS to get it work. That maybe horrible to do so, so I am wondering whether it is true or not?

Never had to do that although I have been tempted to flash it with the macpro.rom to see if it will natively without the NVinject installed.

3.Some people reported that when using the nvinject, they get a bluescreen when loading the system. So I want to know whether it is true or not, if so, then how to solve it?

No clue really never happened to me.

4. The most important thing is :My display has only VGA port, so I need a convert to change DVI to VGA. I am wondering whether the card can still work when using the converter method?

I run dual displays with a LCD on the nearest the motherboard DVI connector and VGA monitor on

DVI to VGA adapter for watching video on the second they both work fine with the CI/QE fully working on both so I can't see a problem with a single adapter in use, there have been reports of people not getting good performance unless their DVI is connected to the closest to the motherboard connector I have not seen any with my setup.

Thank you for any help!!! ANY GUIDANCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Your welcome.