Dual Monitor with GeForce 6600GT PCI-E

jetztsofort

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

a few days ago I've successfully installed Zephyroth's AMD Leopard (Athlon 3200) and I have a problem:

My GeForce 6600GT has got one DVI and one VGA output. I've got two monitors: one 20" plugged in by DVI and one 19" plugged in by VGA. When I start with both monitors plugged in, he only uses the 19" (VGA) screen and "detect Monitors" doesn't help. When I've just plugged in the 20" (DVI) it uses the 20"-Screen.

When I start the system with both monitors, move my mouse to "detect Monitors", plug the 19" (VGA) out and click, my 20" gets a signal and works.

Seems, that my system can only use one monitor. Also it's shown only one monitor in the hardware-profiler (see attachment). But he prefers the the VGA-Monitor.

post-169593-1203199650_thumb.png

I've right now installed Natit and the GeForce and NVidia stuff with my device id (I think). I also tried titan and NVInject, but nothing works. Can you help me?

Greetings,

Christian.

use a dvi to vga converter for your dvi-monitor. dvi-vga won't work in dual-screen but vga-vga will. This means that both monitors need to be plugged in via vga cables, you mustn't use a dvi cable.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi there guys;

got the same card -> 6600gt, but different vendor (=gigabyte), but souldnt matter that hard! I got the same dualView trouble like the rest of us.

The Tipp using the VGA converter on the DVI socket really did it. Just plugin the Converter! Goto Preferences -> Display ..., wait a sec .... and viola ... your second Mon. is coming to life ... given that you graphics card was successfully detected!