Packard Bell Easynote R4622 laptop...SUCCESS! :)

CptDodge

4 posts in this topic

Hi, just wanted to let you all know that i have managed to get MAC OSX installed onto my Packard Bell Easynote R4622 laptop. I used jaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3. Took abit of time to finally get it working so these are the options that were selected upon installing.

- jaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA Kexts

- Support for the most common hardware (everything was selected)

- Titan Nvidia and ATI support

NOTE: the base system is already pre-selected. I also unslected printer drivers and Language support because i felt i didnt need them and it also saved space (not much i know).

NOTE2: If you do not select the Titan Nvidia and ATI support drivers, the screen will stay at the grey apple logo and appear to have frozen BUT it does actually carry on (you hear the text to speech), you just dont see the OS desktop.

Anyway, once it finished installing, low and behold, the grey apple logo screen appeared then quickly changed into the OS desktop..wooohoooo, i was soooo pleased. The network is automatically detected so is the sound hardware because you hear the text to speech install option as your guided through the last configuration steps (set time, location).

The USB works fine. I tested it using a USB flash drive and it was detected ok. There is full sound (windows opening and closing that sort of thing). I installed the Divix player and codec for Safari and works fine. Watched a movie in Stage6 (Divix's website for collection of videos) and downloaded a divix music video and watched it in the player, works perfectly,no problems with the sound either.

Have only recently got it working so havent finished playing with all the features and functions yet but i have noticed two items that DONT work (or i havent been able to get them to work yet). The screensaver even though switched on does not activate and if you insert any kind of CD into the drive and double click on the icon from the desktop, it locks you out of the desktop and just displays a spinning wheel. To access the CD i have to go into the Finder, then click the desktop icon and then click on the CD icon, seems i can ONLY access it through Finder and not directly off the desktop.

Hope this helps for those who are planning on trying to install OSX on the same laptop. Good luck :)

• 2 years later...
Hi, just wanted to let you all know that i have managed to get MAC OSX installed onto my Packard Bell Easynote R4622 laptop. I used jaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3. Took abit of time to finally get it working so these are the options that were selected upon installing.

- jaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA Kexts

- Support for the most common hardware (everything was selected)

- Titan Nvidia and ATI support

NOTE: the base system is already pre-selected. I also unslected printer drivers and Language support because i felt i didnt need them and it also saved space (not much i know).

NOTE2: If you do not select the Titan Nvidia and ATI support drivers, the screen will stay at the grey apple logo and appear to have frozen BUT it does actually carry on (you hear the text to speech), you just dont see the OS desktop.

Anyway, once it finished installing, low and behold, the grey apple logo screen appeared then quickly changed into the OS desktop..wooohoooo, i was soooo pleased. The network is automatically detected so is the sound hardware because you hear the text to speech install option as your guided through the last configuration steps (set time, location).

The USB works fine. I tested it using a USB flash drive and it was detected ok. There is full sound (windows opening and closing that sort of thing). I installed the Divix player and codec for Safari and works fine. Watched a movie in Stage6 (Divix's website for collection of videos) and downloaded a divix music video and watched it in the player, works perfectly,no problems with the sound either.

Have only recently got it working so havent finished playing with all the features and functions yet but i have noticed two items that DONT work (or i havent been able to get them to work yet). The screensaver even though switched on does not activate and if you insert any kind of CD into the drive and double click on the icon from the desktop, it locks you out of the desktop and just displays a spinning wheel. To access the CD i have to go into the Finder, then click the desktop icon and then click on the CD icon, seems i can ONLY access it through Finder and not directly off the desktop.

Hope this helps for those who are planning on trying to install OSX on the same laptop. Good luck ;)

WHAAAAT !!! THATS AWESOME!!! i have exactly the same laptop :D and i have been trying getting os leopard on it but it gets stuck at loading buffers but i never thougt about tiger i should have tryed it!

soo now i got an question. could you help me with my laptop installing it? like give me the things you used and tryed and when i also got mac on it maybe we could help eachother out some more with different things? have you perhaps read something about putting leopard on this laptop?because that would be awesome.

pleese reply to me gtrz mathijs

btw sorry for some bad english :blush: i'm from holland i can speek good english but typing isnt very good :huh:

oke i already did it haha :P went very well 1st install worked! downloaden Jas 10.4.8 then burned with IMGburner (very nice for making bootable discs) used the same options as CptDodge did only having trouble with pressing FN and volume higher it gets stuck and keeps on going higher further installed firefox for browsing ( safari was old and giving page's wrong).

anyone who also wants to do this ask me i will help you if needed :D

Gtrz mathijs