Anyone have the Lenovo 3000 N200 0769AVU

15 posts in this topic

I am looking for anyone who might have this model and running Leopard on it. This model is incredibly close to the compaq presario c700 that I have now and leopard runs almost perfect on that laptop. I am looking at this one because of all the goodies it has and its a real core 2 duo system unlike the c712nr which is a core duo only.

If anyone has an comments or suggestions on getting parts of this machine to work under leopard that would be great. PLEASE Add any info you have. I have already bought this machine but if there are to many roadblocks to a smooth install I will sell it and get something that will run better but I HIGHLY doubt that being the case as its so damn close to the c700.

HERE are the specs. Suggestions or comments welcome.

Product Line 3000

Product Series N200

Product Model 0769AVY

Product Name 3000 N200 Notebook

Product Type Notebook

Processor & Chipset:

Processor Intel Core2Duo T2330 1.6GHz

Processor Technology EM64T

Enhanced SpeedStep Technology

Bus Speed 533MHz

Cache 1MB L2

Memory:

Standard Memory 1GB

Maximum Memory 4GB

Memory Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Memory Standard DDR2-667/PC2-5300

Error Checking Non-parity

Memory Slots 200-pin SoDIMM (2 Total/1 Free)

Memory Card Support Secure Digital (SD) Card

MultiMedia Card (MMC)

Memory Stick

Memory Stick PRO

xD-Picture Card

Storage:

Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA 5400 rpm

Optical Drive DVD-Writer - DVD-RAM/-R/-RW (Integrated)

Display & Graphics:

Display Screen 15.4" WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Color LCD with VibrantView

Graphics Controller Intel GMA X3100 128MB DDR2 SDRAM Shared PCI Express

Display Resolution 1280 x 800 (Internal) / 2048 x 1536 (External)

Color Support 16.7 Million Colors 24-bit

Network & Communication:

Network 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3ab Integrated

Lenovo 54Mbps Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g Mini PCI Express **AKA broadcom I looked it up**

Modem 56Kbps V.92 Data/Fax Modem Integrated

I/O Expansions:

Expansion Slots 1 x ExpressCard/54

Input Devices:

Keyboard Full-size

Pointing Device TouchPad

Interfaces/Ports:

Ports 4 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB

1 x mini-DIN S-Video Out

1 x RJ-11 Modem

1 x RJ-45 Network

1 x 4-pin IEEE 1394 - FireWire

1 x Mini-phone Microphone/Audio In

1 x Mini-phone Stereo Audio Out

1 x VGA

1 x DC Power Input

Software:

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium

Software Included

Norton Internet Security

Battery Information:

Batteries 1 x 6-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Standard Battery

Battery Life 3.5 Hour(s)

Power Description:

Input Voltage 110V AC

220V AC

Physical Characteristics:

Dimensions 1.24" Height x 14.17" Width x 10.51" Depth

Weight 6 lb

Miscellaneous:

Package Contents

3000 N200 Notebook

Lithium-Ion Battery

AC Adapter

Additional Information

Built-in Devices:

Microphone

Camera

Security Features

Security Slot

Power on password

Hard disk drive password

Fingerprint reader

Warranty:

Standard Warranty 1 Year(s) Limited

THANKS

Thanks Synaesthesia..

I guess Ill have to be the first with this model like I was with the C700. Its so close to the c700 I cant imagine it having any issues.

Although the extra stuff might be an issue and I was hoping to find out what if any of those things would work? The touchpad on the c700 was tricky to figure out as it was an alps.. The Lenovo will most likely have a synaptics which is more common I think.

If anyone cares to add there 2 cents PLEASE FEEL FREE. THANKS!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

@jaaan

I have the same notebook, but with a Celeron M.

Sound, WLAN and Ethernet doesn't work. But you can try.

I use "iAtkos". I have no problems with the installing and running.

My english is bad and i'm from germany too ;-)

I have Lenovo 3000 N200 with Celeron M. I boot Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway and it stops in an empty screen with a blue background. I waited for 10-15 min and had to go.

Is that timing normal for the booting?

I have started with no option, just hit Enter after boot.

@Bruno_Landnet

I tried the "Kalyway" Version and I had the same problem as you.

After booting with the apple screen that came the blue and it stops.

The HHD is not loading or the DVD-Drive not loading.

If you want try Leopard, then use the "iatkos" version.

You can look here what is working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=92079

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same system (Lenovo 3000 N200) -

I tried iAtkos - Installation worked, no sound , no Ethernet - All else works -

but computer heats up (So I used the bresink temp monitor which helped a bit ) anyway after

The universal 10.5.2 update by Kalyway , I got Kernel Panic and stuff like that... So I went and installed

Leo4Allv2, - Vanilla Kernel installs didn't work but Netkas Kernel did , I also checked the specific board support during install (i cant remember which but there was only one there) and the GMA support.

The install worked well , But I got no resolution above 1024x728 so I acted upon this thread : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry543633

but also deleted all files named AppleGMA* b4 install .

and now I can get 2048x800 which is native to my laptop.

Sound still dosent work , and I cant hybernate.

I bought a usb wireless card (EDIMAX EW77318gw) it's got a ralink chipset - and with the drivers from ralink i got it working ...

Along the way of trying I got Keyboard and trackpad not working... Terminal not working ... But after a lot of reinstalls ... all is good. thought I'll share my exp with the rest...

* Audio now working although with no volume control...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=63957

** After the leopard graphic update - full Graphic support (Quartz Extreme and all) for the GMA3100 - http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/leo...csupdate10.html

And remember Winners don't use drugs - they sell them. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Synaesthesia..

I guess Ill have to be the first with this model like I was with the C700. Its so close to the c700 I cant imagine it having any issues.

Although the extra stuff might be an issue and I was hoping to find out what if any of those things would work? The touchpad on the c700 was tricky to figure out as it was an alps.. The Lenovo will most likely have a synaptics which is more common I think.

If anyone cares to add there 2 cents PLEASE FEEL FREE. THANKS!! ;)

You're nowhere near the first with an X3100 N200 here :D

I've been running 10.5 on mine ever since just before the X3100 MacBook's release - there are just a couple of things to look out for:

You'll need one of Taruga's ALC862 patches from the AppleHDA development forum to get sound out. The volume control doesn't work, although you can mute. Line out and the mic input work.

The webcam (if it's installed on the model you specified) works fine out of the box.

You'll need the patched PowerManagment bundle to get battery monitoring, but it works fine although the machine thinks it's running on battery all the time, even when it's charging.

GMA X3100 works out of the box in 10.5.2 or with Natit in 10.5.1.

The fan sticks at the speed it was running at when the machine boots, which is annoying, though might be fixable by deleting some ACPI kexts...

Not much else to say.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had success using kalyway on 2 slightly different versions of the computer. An older smaller screen running GMA graphics and a 15" screen model using GO Nvidia 128M. Both worked easily. The networking was a pain, but the larger of the 2 is reported to be working with a different ISP (friends PC modded at his request) on wireless link. He is as happy as. This is a teriffic system to use, cheap effective and 2 cores! I have had no probs using Kalyway with them. Except for the networking pain. I was triple booting with windoze, leopard and Ubuntu but Ubuntu's grub made the dvd disappear. I have DVD in Windows and leopard again by using diff boot manager, but how to load Ubuntu without Grub?

• 3 months later...

i have the exact same computer

yes iatkos works with that

but no wifi, ethernet, sound and doesn't support your lcd displays native resolution, 1280x768 display mode doesnt look cool with 1204x800 the Lcd display, also it may be caused of because the refresh rate.

iatkos sometimes stops responding.

sleep mode doesn't work.

i am gonna switch back to xp :P

i had enough fun with mac os

• 2 years later...

Hi everybody:

I successfully installed iatkos S3 Version 2 with no mayor updates to make in that computer(Lenovo 3000 N200 0769)... i´ll give you some advices, in reality the whole installation process:

1.- Search, download and burn into a DVD Iatkos S3 V2

2.- Boot from DVD. (don´t worry if you have windows installed. if you have an empty partition to install to, you don´t have to erase anything, but do it on you own risk)

3.- Once booted, select the language, and make the partition in the empty space on your hard drive with the disk tools (Tools - disk tools)

4.- open a terminal (tools - terminal). type diskutil list to see which partition you have created (named /dev/diskXsY)

5.- don´t close the terminal and make this commands:

fdisk -e /dev/diskX

f Y

update

w

q

(Where X and Y are taken from the diskutil list command)

Close the terminal

6.- Go ahead until the screen where you choose the partition where Mac Os is gonna be installed. Choose the partition you have created and click on customize.

SELECT ONLY THE OPTIONS I TELL YOU (if you select some sound or battery or something system may crash)

iAtkos S3 Main System

Bootloader

AsereBLN v1.19

Bootloader Options

32 bit boot

Patches

/Extra Directory

Fakesmc V2.5

Disabler

RTC

RTC(32bit)

Evo Reboot

Drivers

Main Hardware

SATA/IDE

AHCI SATA

PS/2

Apple PS2

LAPTOP HARDWARE

Card Reader

VGA

Intel

EFI STRING

Natit (32 bit)

GMA 950

GMA 950 27A2 (32 bit)

GMA 950 27AE (32 bit)

GMA X3100 (Framebuffer (32 Bit))

Network

Wireless

Broadcom

Wired

Broadcom

7.- Accept and start installing (if you have a crash during install, check the DVD MD5 that might be 55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2. If the reboot happens at the end of the copying file period, just take out the dvd. The installation, succeded)

8.- Once you restart and give all the data to start the system, there are 2 last drivers to be installed by hand so you have to google for Voodoohda 2.7.2 (which is the one worked for me) for Audio and Voodoobattery for ACPI and Battery (if you download the on .kext format, you´ll need a program named kexthelper b7(once downloaded, just drop the kexts on the kext helper icon and give the root password)

And that´s it... it´s everything working but the Wired LAN and the Webcam and the Sleep (some help would be great¡ I´m trying different VoodooACPI in order to resolve the Sleep issue)

Cheers¡¡ I hope i had helped¡

One last thing, carefull with the Celerons because they use different instruction sets (maybe not all that are required)