Big request for Kaly, Netkas, Devin or those who know code :)

neodoru

11 posts in this topic

Me and other probably thousands of other guys are using LogMeIn (a remote management program), but LMI only functions with (probably) the original AppleSMBIOS.kext (at least the one from 10.5.2 update - that can't display the profiler corectly). As soon as I put the one from the v_8 efi it stops working.

I would be grateful forever if you could compare the 2 kexts and make one to be compatible with LMI and show the profiler.

Thanks in advance!

PS I can't upload them, but if you need them I'll put them on rapid share

my kalyway 10.5.1 had problems with logmein (LMI didn't start), after I updated to 10.5.2, LMI started to work, but I had no info in s profiler (also it indicates 3.8 ghz). when I tryied to put the old AppleSMBIOS.kext (with the kext helper) LMI stopped working.

My question is if you can see why the old AppleSMBIOS.kext screws LMI or tell me what can I manually do to repair the S.Profiler!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Weird. I have not had any problems with LogMeIn at all.

So, what are you asking for basically?

Also, try installing the Kext With KextHelper

Which version of smbios are you using? I was having the same problem until I added the version that neodoru sent (thanks again!). I believe that is the original apple version from 10.5.2, which gives incorrect info. I used kext helper with the installation. I tried the new version created by macnub and it was a no go. I guess if it's a toss up between a working logmein and reporting correct info, i'll go with logmein. :wacko:

I haven't tried the netkas version though.

Confirmed. AppleSMBIOS-27 will disable logmein. I agree with terrancew-hod, if its between a working logmein and reporting sys info correctly, I'll go with logmein as well. I would also request that someone with the knowledge and ability please try and create an AppleSMBIOS that will report hackintosh info correctly and not mess up logmein functionality. Probably a long shot, but thanks in advance if anyone decides to take on the task.

I read elsewhere on the forum that basically the code in Apple's smbios and the source code is different so it causes an error in one of the core libraries when you used the hacked versions.

So right now if you want to use logmein, you'll just have to deal with the vanilla version of smbios from Apple. Besides, you already know what equipment you have. :unsure: