10.5.2 Dell Inspiron 6400

zorro07

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've had a Kalyway install of 10.5.1 for some time.  EFI 8, MBR, Vanilla, cpus=1

Works well.  Needed kexts for Broadcom440x ethernet, Apple HDA sound patch, replaced the Dell Intel wifi with Dell 1490 wifi works as airport card! x1400 works ok CI/QE 1400x900x32.

did 10.5.2 kalyway install  broadcom ethernet now doesnt work!  Airport still works.

did the new kernel install Vanilla 9.2 (again Kalyway)

Really like 10.5.2 just seems to be brisker etc.

Anyone know how to get the ethernet back?  Any advice would be useful.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I've had a Kalyway install of 10.5.1 for some time. EFI 8, MBR, Vanilla, cpus=1

Works well. Needed kexts for Broadcom440x ethernet, Apple HDA sound patch, replaced the Dell Intel wifi with Dell 1490 wifi works as airport card! x1400 works ok CI/QE 1400x900x32.

did 10.5.2 kalyway install broadcom ethernet now doesnt work! Airport still works.

Anyone know how to get the ethernet back? Any advice would be useful.

Cheers

What is your dell configuration? And (once again) how did you make the x1400 mobility working in 1440x900x32??? (No1 question)

i too have an x1400 but i was unable to get the resolution to change even with the other mods listed other places on these forums. You are one lucky boy!

Please share the info if you have any!

CI/QE working here though...but cannot get the res to change :hysterical:

Hi Guys, I'm using the 10.5.1 on an inspiron 6400 like you guys... but after installing i only get a blank screen after the gray apple screen page.... a set of vertical lines appear a flash then just a blank screen... can you gus help me?

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I've had a Kalyway install of 10.5.1 for some time.  EFI 8, MBR, Vanilla, cpus=1

Works well.  Needed kexts for Broadcom440x ethernet, Apple HDA sound patch, replaced the Dell Intel wifi with Dell 1490 wifi works as airport card! x1400 works ok CI/QE 1400x900x32.

did 10.5.2 kalyway install  broadcom ethernet now doesnt work!  Airport still works.

Anyone know how to get the ethernet back?  Any advice would be useful.

Cheers

Hey overwrite IONetworkingfamily from /System/Library of your previously working version(in 10.5.1) to your your upgraded one..

it worked for me. :P

I Update my 10.5.1 kaly with 10.5.2 kaly and I had no problem with ethernet.

But i said that if you update with Kalyway combo update, 440x kext isn't in IONETWOK.... and you can open this kext and add your 10.5.1 kext, repair permission and work.

Had you select in custom 440xbroadcom before install ?

You can use to finalise your Install, DELL installer by Sonotone :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97966

Enjoy !!