AsusP5LD2/945p/ICH7 Azalia info and contr plist quest

-.-

12 posts in this topic

10.4.3 F1111a 2b boots only if I have the HD Audio disabled,

I was going to put in my device id but...

those plist for AppleAzaliaAudio have only generic looking names in like Bundle this and Bundle that, Bundle Executable, etc., every line says bundle something... so I don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated, I read many threads and found what I thought would be the first step, but maybe i missed something.

David

Another question I have is, would a soundcard replace the onboard audio or does it go through the onboard and that has to be working?

As sugested in another thread, i backed up AppleHDAudio.kext into a folder and deleted it, but have not yet replaced it with the one from 1099, now it boots with HDAudio enabled in the bios. I'll look at the difference with those two tonight and try the replacement.

I also made a copy of all the kext that have the word audio in them, to look at and edit, there was I think four or five of them.

but the last question I'm still curious. Anyone know if just adding some audio card cures it?

Also does anyone know if anyone has tested this version and has one of the high end audio cards like RMS Hammerfall or something like that which has I don't know something like 24 channels + optical I&O and is for pro sound poduction?

:happymac:

I found it in french ;>)

First: You need a file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip that you have to extract on your desktop

Then: Le son pour le chip Realtek ALC882

Sortir AppleHDA.kext du dossier des Extensions et le remplacer par AzaliaAudio. Ouvrir un Terminal, puis tapez:

sudo -s

-> Entrer votre mot de passe

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /System/Library/Extensions.disabled

cp -R /Users/YOUR USER NAME HERE/Desktop/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

-> Redémarrez le système

I have the sam mainboard, and the sound is very nice

Best regards,

Thanks Olivier.

That one doesn't come in a google search. I also tried France Google and Switzerland Google and nothing. An AppleHDA.kext.zip comes up though, which is from 1099, skippyretard talked about in a drivers forum thread. Do you know if this one came from 1099 of 10.4.3 or from 10.4.4 kexts or is it one that someone already edited for Realtek ALC882?

I don't see why you can't put in another compatible soundcard after disabling the onboard one. It will just use the pci bus instead of the direct bus that the onboard sound uses... It shoud work fine. I have never had a need to do it, but most of the systems I have set up needed a separate NIC card because the onboard ones were not supported. That seemed to work excellently, and I never even bothered to disable the onboard NIC in the BIOS.

I founded on the forum...

Here it is,

Thanks Olivier!

I'll post the results after the switch.

... et Merci Boucoup sur le lettre des instructions au Francais!

I'm learning French and so speaking to mon ordinateur en Francais est très important.

Best regards,

David-.-

:D

Sound now working :thumbsdown_anim: and Olivier was right, sound on this board is great.

I'll post my exact steps in case anyone needs it, since the insructions I followed came from several threads.

I'll give a few extra details in red if any noobs (like me) need it.

Installed native from dvd ( macosx_10.4.3_ 8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg) would not install until I dissabled usb2 in the bios (leaving the regular usb unchanged) and also disabled hdaudio, which is in the devices section of of the advanced tab in the bios.

I was able to get it to boot with hd audio enabled only after removing AppleHDAudio.kext...

so before following the latest instructions by Olivier, I had to return this kernel extention to it's home in the /System/Library/Extensions folder and reboot.

I placed the zip file, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip on my destop and clicked it to extract it.

Opened terminal and type:

Sudo -s

press enter or return

type your password

enter

type

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /System/Library/Extensions.disabled

enter

cp is the unix copy command: http://www.psc.edu/general/unix/cp.html

-R is the argument and i'll let OSX experts tell what this argument means because I don'know... if you type (not now, later) "cp -R help" (without the quotation marks) it says it is "src target" ...but anyway after the command and argument it has a path to a file and then a space and then a path to where that file is being copied to... i think.

Here is a nice list of the commands but I wasn't able to find a list of the arguments, probably in there somewhere. http://www.ss64.com/osx/index.html

type

cp -R /Users/YOUR USER NAME HERE/Desktop/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

enter

That one made a copy of the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext that is on your desktop and placed the copy into the Extensions folder.

type:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

enter

That one changed the ownership permissions of that file to you.

type:

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

enter

That clears the cache, but doesn't work if you mispell it with an s instead of a c. :poster_oops: .

now type exit and enter, and then type exit and enter again.

before you close the terminal if you want you can click on the terminal icon in the dock, hold the click down for a few seconds and then when the menu pops up, choose "keep in dock."

Now reboot for beautiful sound and volume control.

:poster_oops:

oh I forgot a step, if you have hdaudio disabled in the bios, enable it.

• 2 weeks later...

Followed the instructions.

Was NOT able to get this working on my Intel D945PSN running 10.4.4. After install of the Azalia kext the sound options became available in system prefs but no audio signal was coming out of any of the audio ports. Yes, I checked the volume :gathering:.

Anyone else had luck on 10.4.4 / with this board?

• 1 month later...

Update: I fixed by using the AppleHDA.kext file located in another thread. sound works if I use the front panel input only. Works for me!

can anyone help me out? I have 945p with 10.4.5 running. I cannot get audio to work. I have tried the terminal commands listed above in this thread but still not working. I noticed under system profiler, the AzaliaAudio.kext is not displaying... should it be?

I am really tired of not having sound... but what do I except with hacked software :)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...