Halo for Mac running extremely slow

guaterickie

8 posts in this topic

I dont know but i installed Halo (Mac Version) and it runs horribly slow. at first i thought i might be able to do all high specs at 1600x1200 because when i use windows i can play Halo 2 at 1680x1050 with everything on high. That made it really slow so i turned it down to the lowest resolution and everything on lowest settings and it was still very laggy and slow. Whats going on? i thought it was supposed to work well especially if its the actual mac version. Computer Specs in sig...

P.S. dont tell me to play Halo no Windows because for some reason i cant install windows vista on any hard drives any more...i get a some error message like "You Hard Drive does not meet Vistas requirements" or something like that. I dont know why i cant install. Yes im using MBR and yes its formatted as NTFS...

I had that problem with vista refusing to install..

Is your partition setup like this? [EMPTY PARTITION ] {LEOPARD PARTITION)

with the leopard partition active?

Make the first empty partition active then run the vista installer again. worked for me

You can always make the 2nd partition active afterwards.

Actually i was had a leopard drive and a separate hard drive for windows but it refused to install....i think i am going to try something different soon. i need a new hard drive loloh i forgot to say that it is working better now. going much smoother now and i can actually play. there is just one thing that is REALLY bugging me. two things actuallyFirst of all there is a white square on the bottom left of my screen when im playing halo (its pretty big too) and everytime i get shot my screen goes white for like 2 seconds, which makes it hard to play. any idea what the problem is?

Download the latest update.

Actually i was had a leopard drive and a separate hard drive for windows but it refused to install....i think i am going to try something different soon. i need a new hard drive loloh i forgot to say that it is working better now. going much smoother now and i can actually play. there is just one thing that is REALLY bugging me. two things actuallyFirst of all there is a white square on the bottom left of my screen when im playing halo (its pretty big too) and everytime i get shot my screen goes white for like 2 seconds, which makes it hard to play. any idea what the problem is?

• 1 month later...

First i would get Halo UB, install it, get the latest patch (2.02), and then just try playing. The 2.02 patch has some rendering updates (especially with the Intel 950 GMA) so that does help.

Also if you have QE, and CI, you should be able to run it with the highest settings as I would think.