leopard install 10.5.1 on intel pentium D 3ghz

juan jansen

10 posts in this topic

Hi, tried to install 10.5.1 on my system (kalaway)

mainboard:p5nd2sli

ram:2gb

video:geforce 8400

cpu:pentium D 3.00 ghz

the first time when booting from the dvd, it reported that i needed to restart my computer.

the second time when booting from the dvd, the grahical apple logo appeared with the spinning circle, and after few times reading from the dvd, it stopped reading, and the logo and spinning circle, just sits there and nothing happens.

Also using the venilla kernel, does not work, it results in a reboot, not even a logo.

Can somebody give me some hints... or a solution?

hi.

i have the same problem with this version (kalaway)

i have almost the same configuration:)

mainboard:p5nd2sli

video:geforce 7300GT

i have the same problem :"the logo and spinning circle, just sits there and nothing happens." :|

any solution for us?

tried 10.4.11 before, but that one did not see my HDD's... Did you manage to install the 10.4 releases? and did it recognise the HDD??But the 10.4 at least started the install (on usb drive)

Just read somewhere in the forum, that Nforce chipset does not support EFI install method.. perhaps there lies the problem (KALWAY uses EFI v8)

any hints on how to install without EFI?

i tried to install Apple.Mac.OSX.10.4.10.v5.Intel.SSE3.ONLY. but after i press enter on boot menu it say "Loading..." and after a few moments the sistem reboot. over and over again :wacko:

how it's with efi? i`m a novice in hackintosh.

i read somewhere efi is used after u finish the install :-??

Now managed to get the installer loading, after disabling NX bit in BIOS... but now the installer freezes (atleast the progress indicator) when it says 'preparing installation'

My mouse still responds, but nothing happens...

Do i need to wait??

P.S. started once with the -v option, and it looks like my HDD's are recognized... thats better... maybe it freezes because of my HDD's...

I partitioned it with Vista, created GPT disk.

I was able to install Kalyway on my computer, I had to disable the onboard net card to get the installer to load the OS. They re-enable it and use a kext to get it working.

Donw35 i tried this method. i disabled onboard rtl giga Lan or something like that and tried to install Leopard but i have the save problem... after a few minutes appear the apple and a spinning circle and nothing happens. ;) :-<

i have:

motherboard: Asus P5nd2se

video:geforce 7300GT

someone help us please.

nobody know a solution the make this osx work on our configurations?

i saw on some sites pentium D and my motherbord is suported by leopard ;)

what can we do?

• 2 weeks later...

actualy i had similiar problem. i cannot recall how iv solved it- it was few months ago. i think there was something with ahci/acpi in bios settings. and about the freeze. i just waited. when i got the freeze i rebooted with -v and actually saw that installer loader waited for some process and that took him a while. just waited for couple of minutes and it contiued. any questions just PM me since im not suscribing to this topic.