Monitor Core Duo Temp?

jarobata

9 posts in this topic

I simply cannot find a program to let me see my CPU core temp in leopard on my hackintosh. I've found stuff that works on my macbook but nothing for the "Mac Pro". Does anyone have any insight on this? I hate to see apple become too popular but I hate to have to use my XP install to do all my overclocking stuff and even after doing all that, I get nervous running leopard and not knowing how hot my chip is getting. It can't be that hard to access the sensor, I'm surprised Leopard has nothing built in, even more surprised nobody has written anything yet.

Heyo!

I've been using "Temperature Monitor" which can be found here: http://www.bresink.de/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

When you run it can you let me know what you're at? I'm usually around 54c on my E6600, but Im not sure how that compares.

That temperature is probably at least 15-20C higher than it actually is because you have a revision B chip if it was a G then it reads it correctly at least that is my experience with my spare machine which I put both a revision G and B chip in..

Haha, I just checked in the bios. It was 30c off! Reported something 54c and was actually 24c.

Man that reallllly was driving me crazy, I just wish I knew if it were a constant factor. Otherwise I might not have many monitoring options x.x

Haha, I just checked in the bios. It was 30c off! Reported something 54c and was actually 24c.

Man that reallllly was driving me crazy, I just wish I knew if it were a constant factor. Otherwise I might not have many monitoring options x.x

It's telling me 45C and my computer usually idles at 30C or so. I'm not sure if the differential is constant or what. Anybody know of a program that shows the right temp? This is the best I've found but I'd like an accurate reading.

I am using Temperature Monitor 4.3 on my Core2 laptop. Its strange because it looks like the temp gets a lot hotter when I am running off battery (feels really hot) but it is a lot lower when I am on AC.

Anyway, it sees me idle (or doing moderate web browsing) between 40 and 48. This is about 10 degress higher than while in Windows. Am I just not getting an accurate reading or does OSX run hotter?

I am using Temperature Monitor 4.3 on my Core2 laptop. Its strange because it looks like the temp gets a lot hotter when I am running off battery (feels really hot) but it is a lot lower when I am on AC.

Anyway, it sees me idle (or doing moderate web browsing) between 40 and 48. This is about 10 degress higher than while in Windows. Am I just not getting an accurate reading or does OSX run hotter?

Ya i'm wondering the same thing but that doesn't make much sense to me.