ATI Radeon Mobility Series

ManiacalMacMusician

7 posts in this topic

Hi all! I've got a Gateway T1620 that I picked up a few months ago. I'm sick of Vista, but discontent with the status of the flgrx drivers currently available for Linux users.

The question I have is this: Is 3d support for the ATI Radeon Mobility X1270 a part of 10.5.1? Doubtless the answer is SOMEWHERE on these forums, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Thanks!

Nobody knows anything about the X1270? I've seen posts for other cards in the X1--- series, but not mine. Is it different? Should I not even bother to install OSX86? *sigh*

I think there is a good chance Leopard will work for you, but of course, the only way to find out for sure is to try...

The X1270 is probably not that different from the X1300 series, so if drivers work for the X1300, it may work for your card as well.

I've got a Mobility 2600 HD that runs with no driver, 1024X768. I also have a bios setting to run in x1200 mode. This is also working 1024X768. I think you'll find you will be successful, you may have to remove the 1000 series kexts (or take out your deviceid) to get it to work with no driver. I'm on an AMD btw, so I'm runnin the 10.5.1 AMD release.

I've got a Mobility 2600 HD that runs with no driver, 1024X768. I also have a bios setting to run in x1200 mode. This is also working 1024X768. I think you'll find you will be successful, you may have to remove the 1000 series kexts (or take out your deviceid) to get it to work with no driver. I'm on an AMD btw, so I'm runnin the 10.5.1 AMD release.

Awesome. I'm on an AMD, too. I'll give it a go and report back!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.