Mac Notebooks

Harloe

Mac Notebook Names  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer?

• MacBook/MacBook Pro
    • Powerbook
    • I want the notebooks to be called something else...

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone here prefers as the notebook line product name, MacBook/MacBook Pro or Powerbook

I personally prefer the 'Powerbook' title! Be cool if they kept this name or brought it back! Like.. Powebook Pro! or something =]

Just thought this would be a fun little thread :unsure:

Er, no. The Power in PowerBook means Power PC. Hence the reason they changed it.

lol So what did the "i" in iBook stand for? I like the old names better. They should add Mac to the name of everything replacing i where ever possilbe. Like the Mac Pod, or better yet the iMac becomes the Mac Mac. lol

lol So what did the "i" in iBook stand for? I like the old names better. They should add Mac to the name of everything replacing i where ever possilbe. Like the Mac Pod, or better yet the iMac becomes the Mac Mac. lol

LoL. Mac Mac :( That's definitely a keeper :)

Macbook/Macbook Pro. iBook just sounds cheesy. I always hated the name, thought it sounded like those lame kids learning "laptops" they sell at Wal-Mart with the one line LCD screens. Powerbook isn't so bad, but Macbook Pro really has the zazz.

Also as far as design goes, the newer models are much better. I liked Apple products up until they started that whole clamshell thing with the iBooks, and the Bondi Blue iMac, and didn't buy or use anything Apple again until the flat panel iMacs came out.