wrong bus speed

dsisive

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me?

Why the bus speed of my HP DV8233 is 100mhz?

I'm using the kalyway 10.5.1 with Efi but without Vanilla kernel.

Thank you

Riepilogo hardware:

Nome modello: Mac

Identificatore modello: Mac Pro

Nome processore: Intel Core Duo

Velocità processore: 1.99 GHz

Numero di processori: 1

Numero totale di nuclei: 2

Cache L2: 2 MB

Memoria: 2 GB

Velocità bus: 100 MHz

Versione Boot ROM: Hack.int.0sh

Numero di serie: YM8****W0A

I have the same issue. It is dependant on the AppleSMBIOS.kext I use. With some versions I get 200 MHz of bus speed but it does not change the performance of the system, I checked it with XBench. Because the processor speed is constant and correct all I can assume is that detection issue is irrelevant for the system performance.

I have the same issue. It is dependant on the AppleSMBIOS.kext I use. With some versions I get 200 MHz of bus speed but it does not change the performance of the system, I checked it with XBench. Because the processor speed is constant and correct all I can assume is that detection issue is irrelevant for the system performance.

You're right !

• 2 months later...

I also suffer from the 200 mhz bus issue (vanilla SMBios from 10.5.1 & 2). I did a test with both xbench and geekbench and yes my system seems fast however not as fast as a similarly acer laptop with a lower speed CPU then mine. In geek bench it reports bus speed and in there I was hoping to see 533 mhz but i still see 200 mhz.

I can not do better then a C2D 1.66mhz machine with GMA950 video and 2gb of ram. There is definitely a problem with the bus speed.

Can you guys try with geekbench and see what you get for bus speed?

I hope mac.nub can make a SM Bios with 533 locked bus speed.

It is wrong because your BIOS SMBIOS is reporting the wrong information. You should check with an SMBIOS reader (there are many for windows, dos, linux etc) and see what is actually is reported. It can easily be overridden if you customize the AppleSMBIOS.kext.

It is wrong because your BIOS SMBIOS is reporting the wrong information. You should check with an SMBIOS reader (there are many for windows, dos, linux etc) and see what is actually is reported. It can easily be overridden if you customize the AppleSMBIOS.kext.

I know what it is supposed to be. 800mhz!

Can you give me a quick walkthrough on how to edit the SMBios file. I have tried netkas, mac.nub and a few other Edited SMBios files with no luck as those actually give me only 100mhz bus. If I can edit the vanilla file and lock it at 533 mhz then I'll be set.

Let me know & Thanks for posting.

Found fix..

Most of the hacked kernels (and maybe the vanilla kernel) include the possibility at boot to chosen FSB frequency. Do testing with the below values to see. The default value is 200Mhz. If you want different value, you have 3 possibilities.

For frequency's 200, 400, & 800: use the -g boot option flag to get your bus speed.

For frequency's 533 Mhz: use the -y boot option flag to get your bus speed

For frequency's 667 Mhz: use the -z boot option flag to get your bus speed

• 2 months later...
Found fix..

Most of the hacked kernels (and maybe the vanilla kernel) include the possibility at boot to chosen FSB frequency. Do testing with the below values to see. The default value is 200Mhz. If you want different value, you have 3 possibilities.

For frequency's 200, 400, & 800: use the -g boot option flag to get your bus speed.

For frequency's 533 Mhz: use the -y boot option flag to get your bus speed

For frequency's 667 Mhz: use the -z boot option flag to get your bus speed

Hi 00Diabolic. My Core 2 Duo CPU should work with 133Mhz FSB. But my laptop show that frequency is 100 Mhz.

Boot option "-g 133" give nothing.

What I have to do ?

post-189305-1216195770_thumb.png

• 4 months later...