Thinkpad R61 leopard is unable to start

Wisam

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on lenovo thinkpad and I am an able to get to the logon screen. I managed to get it installed and dual boot with Vista after several trial and errors. However, I really need your help. I did -v during boot to get output text. I will post a screen capture when I get home. However, I can read several errors already on the screen. I am using Vista boot with EasyBCD

localhost kextd[10]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACIPPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

localhost kextd[10]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACIPPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext

AppleHDAController::start ERROR no layout-id found

AppleIntelFramebuffer is duplicate

localhost kextd[51]: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFMAX3100FB; destroying kmod

localhost kextd[51]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

VID: family specific matching fails

AppleHDA.kext failed to load

Login Window Application Started

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Well I know that I will need to follow Taruga guide for that. However, just for the sake of the question. I do have SoundMAX HD in Windows. I don't know whether it is AC97 or not.

Can someone shed a light on this and help me solve it. I have Core 2 Duo and Intel GMA3100 video chipset. I selected Vanilla kernel with ACPI fix and sleep as far as I can remember when I installed Leo.

Thanks in advance

iatkos r2 ,...

for me, I'll try new stuff in extra disk, in ultrabay,...

iatkos should work with the X3100,

that be my first choice to try with EFI, no sleep kernel, no other patches,

only Azalia, and x3100,...

on my R60, I ended up keeping the kalyway instead of iatkos with speedstep,

azalia works, so I have not played with HD audio,

what's not working is, sleep / wake, and speedstep, so it runs down the battery,

kalyway , iatkos , triple boot,

24gb ntfs win xp

24gb hfs+ kalyway main

250gb hfs+ moved/ linked users , + iatkos ,

if I log in in iatkos, I use the same linked users,

so I get everything there, usually , only run it on battery,

FSB=166 cpus=1 and later start speedstep and has battery meter.

after it works, just ccc it to your main drive,...

what screen rez ? 1440x900 ? how is it

Hi rschultz101, thank you for your reply. i searched in the forum and after several trials. I found a good article by agent-squirrel

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...27&hl=x3100

I did what agent-squirrel suggested. So I used -x flag and I was able to boot and get the welcome screen. No Audio, No Airport, No QE/CI, I didn't check the ethernet, sleep yet. I will need to fix the graphics driver first. I think Natit x3100 should work.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16193

I will post my findings here.