Need Help with HP dv6500 Laptop - AMD

NVE THIS

5 posts in this topic

Well, I've been looking over this forum for about 2 weeks now trying to figure out how to get OSX installed on my HP dv6500 AMD laptop. I just can't seem to figure out how to continue. I've downloaded a bunch of different flavors, i.e. Kalaway 10.5.1, Zeph AMD 10.5, JaS or something, flat 10.5, etc. I origionally wanted to get it working in my VMWare workstation so I could see how it is. I have Vista installed on my laptop now.

I have an external USB 30GB hard drive that I got Leopard to install fully on, and when I went to boot it after the install I got a kernel panic. I can boot to the kalaway 10.5.1 DVD, but it sits at the apple logo for forever with the status thing just spinning, it may be doing something, I think I waited about 15 min. but then shut it down. That is not the DVD i used to install Leopard, I had to boot it with the Zeph 10.5.1 AMD I believe.

If anyone can give me some guidance, I have the AMD patches etc. downloaded, but I just can't get things to work. I'm no noob to computers, only to MAC OSX. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-NVE

bump, anyone have any help.

I downloaded the 10.4.8 VMWare Appliance and got it to sucesfully load in VMWare Workstation 6.0.2 Can I upgrade this to Leopard? I would be fine if I could get leopard to run in VMWare, that's actually how I want it. Please, I just can't get any of the DVD's I've downloaded to work.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 6636nr with 4 gig mem but for the most part everyone who looks it up will see it is a AMD with SATA and yet no install i have gotten to download will see the SATA drive. It does see my external 500 gig usb drive so is it possible to install to the internal drive or possible to install to the external usb hard drive and just copy the image over... or maybe just run it from usb... im lost or maybe just overwhelmed with what is available and what is out of date. only thing i have installed now is vista ultimate x64 any suggestions.... while sitting here downloading so many isos i was just curious as to what everyone would think would be the smoothest install method... i love FIOS macdrive doesnt work for x64 windows so question also would be what is the best to get the HFS partitions on the internal sata drive...also macdrive doesnt work on x64 windows so any suggestiong there would be great. they say a live cd of ubuntu can do hfs partitions correct?