Audiocard of new mac(i'm furious)

diafebus

10 posts in this topic

:censored2:

Hi, I bought a new iMac of 2,4Ghz and it's the first mac that i have which have audio latency while i plug guitar in "line channel", something listening the songs, the low frequencies sounds distored, like the "kicks or goliaths or low toms from the drums" or a heavy distored guitar sounds very bad, then i tried the same songs but playing from iPod and there sounds good using the same amplifiers, so it's a problem from mac... i don't know if it's anything of software or i have to change the mac for another one.. (i tried with iTunes, QuickTime and both sounds bad and distored, and with Logic Pro sounds little better... but i it loose quality anyway... i'll go to the technic service today..

What do you think about it?

thank you all!

Only this?

but this is not my only problem, and something else, if i connect here, something like a mic preamp, it should work better?

and the 2n part of my problem, the dirty and distortioned sound on low frequencies? what i should do? change the mac for another one? is in warranty time.

thanks for help

well i've got that, about guitar.

But once again. About playing music, from iTunes, QuickTime(checking the sound), Logic Pro, InternetVideos, and some applications, when appears a drum or heavy guitar rythms, bass sounds, or a solo of a basist it make distortion(basically low frequencies)... i called to applecare but was too late, tomorrow i'll try again, i think that this is a problem from hardware because i reinstalled OS, and without actualitzations it make the same distorted and indefinite sound...

Will applecare change my mac for another one?

thank you guys! I'll buy an USB guitar amplifier for logic.

and let's see whats going on with the audiocard problem, and i think anyway about audio latency, it's not usual on macs.

Cya

I´ve done some recording on my Mac mini cor2dual using the built in soundcard and it works pretty ok. What´s best though is if you get a preamp, The Behringer Mic 200 or something similar is pretty ok and cheap way to go. You have to play around with the volume settings both on the preamp and in the audio Midi setup on your Mac to get a strong enough signal but not distorted. It takes a little tweaking (probably a lower setting on your mac and a bit higher on your preamp) but it should work ok did for me anyway. But the best is to buy a FW soundcard.

I´m posting a sound sample both guitar and bas using onboard soundcard

Anyway good luck

is this distortion coming from the built-in speakers or an external set?

if it's the built in, i'm not surprised at all

In both cases, it distortion from the built-in, external and "ear-speakers". The same songs with iPod sounds so good using iPod/external set and iMac/externalset sounds bad.

Today i called to apple care service, we've made some cheeckings and they don't know what is it, so they think like me now, it's a problem from audiocard in computer... next week i'll carry the iMac to the nearest Apple service center to repair... or see what it have, any way i'll buy the USB adaptor for guitar, it deletes ground noises and get a better signal from guitar?

well thanks for your help! i'll post what apple care service tell me.

cya!

• 2 months later...

Hey!

finally solved!!! :P :P :P :P :)-_- -_- -_-

It was the Hard Drive! it was bad and they changed finally, in another apple service store. I picked uo tu Barcelona 3 timeS!

1rst (k-tuin): they changed audio card and mothership board

2nd (k-tuin): they changed the speakers and they broke my CD/DVD lector

I called to apple and the told me to go to the best site of Barcelona of Apple Service

3rd (microgestió): they repeared CD/DVD and changed Hard Drive, I went to MicroGestió, i tried one audio file and the Miracle!! it sounds so good now and works perfect!!!

:D :D :D :D

cya!