Repair bootloader?

~pcwiz

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I DLed an iATKOS DVD and patched it with R2. The MD5 didn't verify so it possibly was a broken DVD. I tried booting it on 2 computers and when I got to the Press any key to install OS X screen, when I pressed a key, it went to "Loading Darwin x86" for a second and it goes back to "Press any key to install OS X".

Is there any way to bypass this part or could I replace the bootloader on the disc with one from maybe a Tiger OSx86 DVD and boot it?

It seems that the bootloader is just broken

Hi,

I DLed an iATKOS DVD and patched it with R2. The MD5 didn't verify so it possibly was a broken DVD. I tried booting it on 2 computers and when I got to the Press any key to install OS X screen, when I pressed a key, it went to "Loading Darwin x86" for a second and it goes back to "Press any key to install OS X".

Is there any way to bypass this part or could I replace the bootloader on the disc with one from maybe a Tiger OSx86 DVD and boot it?

It seems that the bootloader is just broken

Exact same issue here and MD5 checksum was OK.

The issue doesn't appear to be the bootloader since if you use -v you can see the kernel loads and the boot process begins.