Webcam on HP dv2545ef not working under Leopard

mikl31

6 posts in this topic

First of all, let me thank you guys for the huge work you've done!! It's really impressive.

Eveything is in the title actually, i installed the kalyway leopard on my laptop and everything work pretty fine (except wireless intel 3945ABG but i dont care)!

The problem is the webcam, its an 1,3 M pixel integrated hp webcam (chicony). It seems to be recognised by leopard since in photobooth the blue light of the webcam lights up, but all i get is a green or a black or a white image?!

May it have something do to with the nvidia nject drivers and not the webcam itself?

If somebody else had this problem or knows a fix, i'll would be gratefull!

Thanks everybody!!

• 3 months later...

i've got a dv2085 and webcam is working fine here

version: 2.10

product code 0x62c0

I must say that i have recently updated the webcam's firmware within vista (driver / update downloadable from HP)

good luck

i've got a dv2085 and webcam is working fine here

version: 2.10

product code 0x62c0

I must say that i have recently updated the webcam's firmware within vista (driver / update downloadable from HP)

good luck

Mine is hp dv2622.I have the same problem,can you tell same details?

Sonix makes chicony cams. They are the same cam just rebranded. Sonix actually makes like 51% of webcams on laptops.

The solution I have found will work for you guys. Black screen or green screen when you open photo booth and others can be fixed. Did you guys bother to look at other topics for ideas?

Give mine a try: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100897

PLEASE post back if you have success with your cam with my VDC trick. I also want to know any differences you have with the trick and maybe we can help each other out and get 100% support in osx. BUT the only way that will happen is if were all on the same page. Or rather on the same topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't work for me :(

HP Webcam:

Version: 6.06

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0xb023

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x04f2